ROYSTON Tennis Club held the adult ladies and singles finals during September. The men s final was a repeat match of last year s event between Andy Holmes (2008 winner) and Matt Fellingham. In an exciting three setter, Fellingham turned the tables this ye
ROYSTON Tennis Club held the adult ladies and singles finals during September.
The men's final was a repeat match of last year's event between Andy Holmes (2008 winner) and Matt Fellingham.
In an exciting three setter, Fellingham turned the tables this year by beating Holmes two sets to one.
In the ladies final Pru Burton beat Christine Knight by two sets to love after the first set went to a tie break.
You may also want to watch:
The men's doubles final was held straight after the singles with Holmes and Fellingham just taking a short break before taking to the court again to face one another with their respective partners, Alan Knight and Roger Maybury.
In a very close match Fellingham and Maybury took the title two sets to one.
- 1 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 4 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 8 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
The mixed doubles final will take place at Meridian School's tennis courts with the ladies doubles final following straight after on Saturday, September 19, at 1pm.
Spectators are welcome.
Full details of club times and membership details can be found on the Royston Tennis Club website www.royston-tennis.co.uk