Fehmi lobs winner as Crows make it three successive league wins
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town made it three Southern League Division One Central victories on the trot as they squeezed past Bedford Town 1-0 at Garden Walk on Saturday.
Kaan Fehmi’s 22nd-minute lob was the difference between the two sides, chipping Martel Powell’s pass over the advancing keeper.
Simon Thomas also had a first-half goal chalked off for offside but the Crows had enough to hang on and register a fourth successive league clean sheet.
That was in small part to the fine saves of former St Albans City keeper Joe Welch, making his debut for Royston after signing on in midweek.
He kept out a close-range header in the first half before making two more key saves in the second period to earn him the man of the match award.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Castle’s men travel to Hanwell Town on Saturday.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside