Fehmi lobs winner as Crows make it three successive league wins
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town made it three Southern League Division One Central victories on the trot as they squeezed past Bedford Town 1-0 at Garden Walk on Saturday.
Kaan Fehmi’s 22nd-minute lob was the difference between the two sides, chipping Martel Powell’s pass over the advancing keeper.
Simon Thomas also had a first-half goal chalked off for offside but the Crows had enough to hang on and register a fourth successive league clean sheet.
That was in small part to the fine saves of former St Albans City keeper Joe Welch, making his debut for Royston after signing on in midweek.
He kept out a close-range header in the first half before making two more key saves in the second period to earn him the man of the match award.
You may also want to watch:
Steve Castle’s men travel to Hanwell Town on Saturday.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?