FC Comets progress in Herts County Cup
Under-11s put five goals past Ware
FC Comets under-sevens managed a win and a defeat in their home games against Baldock Town.
A good team performance in the first game gave them their seventh consecutive win this season with goals coming from Alfie Nellis, Tom Shipp and Charlie Green.
The second game saw the team go two goals down, but despite a mighty effort and pulling one back their comeback was thwarted by the crossbar in the dying minutes and Baldock took a hard fought win.
The under-11s began their Herts County Cup trail with a solid 5-0 victory over Ware Lions.
You may also want to watch:
The game started tight with the Comets in the ascendancy but the Lions always looked threatening on the counter-attack.
Great defending (including one spectacular challenge from man-of-the-match Gaspard Berthelier) and patience were eventually rewarded with a clean sheet and goals from Tom Picket, Sam Kester and Max Sidey.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images