FC Comets progress in Herts County Cup
Under-11s put five goals past Ware
FC Comets under-sevens managed a win and a defeat in their home games against Baldock Town.
A good team performance in the first game gave them their seventh consecutive win this season with goals coming from Alfie Nellis, Tom Shipp and Charlie Green.
The second game saw the team go two goals down, but despite a mighty effort and pulling one back their comeback was thwarted by the crossbar in the dying minutes and Baldock took a hard fought win.
The under-11s began their Herts County Cup trail with a solid 5-0 victory over Ware Lions.
You may also want to watch:
The game started tight with the Comets in the ascendancy but the Lions always looked threatening on the counter-attack.
Great defending (including one spectacular challenge from man-of-the-match Gaspard Berthelier) and patience were eventually rewarded with a clean sheet and goals from Tom Picket, Sam Kester and Max Sidey.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 6 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote