Fayre way to get a sporting chance
ROYSTON S sports clubs enjoyed a successful Sport Royston Sports Fayre on Sunday, with organiser Ken Charles describing the day as another success . It was the town s fourth sports fayre, with a number of keen sports fans from in and around Royston maki
ROYSTON'S sports clubs enjoyed a successful Sport Royston Sports Fayre on Sunday, with organiser Ken Charles describing the day as "another success".
It was the town's fourth sports fayre, with a number of keen sports fans from in and around Royston making the trip to Royston Leisure Centre.
Mr Charles, who is also the Sports Council chairman, said: "The day was a bit up and down because of the weather, but on the whole it was another success.
"We had a sizeable crowd and a number of people trying out all the different sports - particularly the youngsters.
You may also want to watch:
"One of the most popular events was the trampolining session, which went down very well. You can see why it has become one of the most participated sports in the UK."
Other sports included badminton, karate, gymnastics, athletics, cricket, football, netball, and basketball.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford
- 10 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
Mr Charles added: "All the clubs involved were fantastic and it was a great effort by all.
"I saw a fair amount of interest in the sports, so hopefully some of the visitors will join some of the clubs.
"It was pleasing to see the youngsters enjoying themselves, because that was one of our main goals.