Fayre way to get a sporting chance
ROYSTON S sports clubs enjoyed a successful Sport Royston Sports Fayre on Sunday, with organiser Ken Charles describing the day as another success . It was the town s fourth sports fayre, with a number of keen sports fans from in and around Royston maki
ROYSTON'S sports clubs enjoyed a successful Sport Royston Sports Fayre on Sunday, with organiser Ken Charles describing the day as "another success".
It was the town's fourth sports fayre, with a number of keen sports fans from in and around Royston making the trip to Royston Leisure Centre.
Mr Charles, who is also the Sports Council chairman, said: "The day was a bit up and down because of the weather, but on the whole it was another success.
"We had a sizeable crowd and a number of people trying out all the different sports - particularly the youngsters.
"One of the most popular events was the trampolining session, which went down very well. You can see why it has become one of the most participated sports in the UK."
Other sports included badminton, karate, gymnastics, athletics, cricket, football, netball, and basketball.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 3 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 4 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 5 What to see in the sky in July: Year's biggest supermoon and meteor showers
- 6 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 7 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 10 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
Mr Charles added: "All the clubs involved were fantastic and it was a great effort by all.
"I saw a fair amount of interest in the sports, so hopefully some of the visitors will join some of the clubs.
"It was pleasing to see the youngsters enjoying themselves, because that was one of our main goals.