Fayre way to get a sporting chance
ROYSTON S sports clubs enjoyed a successful Sport Royston Sports Fayre on Sunday, with organiser Ken Charles describing the day as another success . It was the town s fourth sports fayre, with a number of keen sports fans from in and around Royston maki
ROYSTON'S sports clubs enjoyed a successful Sport Royston Sports Fayre on Sunday, with organiser Ken Charles describing the day as "another success".
It was the town's fourth sports fayre, with a number of keen sports fans from in and around Royston making the trip to Royston Leisure Centre.
Mr Charles, who is also the Sports Council chairman, said: "The day was a bit up and down because of the weather, but on the whole it was another success.
"We had a sizeable crowd and a number of people trying out all the different sports - particularly the youngsters.
"One of the most popular events was the trampolining session, which went down very well. You can see why it has become one of the most participated sports in the UK."
Other sports included badminton, karate, gymnastics, athletics, cricket, football, netball, and basketball.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
Mr Charles added: "All the clubs involved were fantastic and it was a great effort by all.
"I saw a fair amount of interest in the sports, so hopefully some of the visitors will join some of the clubs.
"It was pleasing to see the youngsters enjoying themselves, because that was one of our main goals.