Father and son hoping to add to trophy collection
A FATHER and son are hoping to add to their growing trophy cabinet by being crowned carpet bowls Champion of Champions. Robin Mynott of Melbourn and Leigh Mynott of Royston have made their way to the Champion of Champions final in Littleport on Sunday af
A FATHER and son are hoping to add to their growing trophy cabinet by being crowned carpet bowls Champion of Champions.
Robin Mynott of Melbourn and Leigh Mynott of Royston have made their way to the Champion of Champions final in Littleport on Sunday after winning both the South Cambridgeshire and county championships.
Leigh, 26, said: "This is a big competition for us and we've had to come a long way to get this far. We're determined to do well and I'm confident we can return with the winners trophy."
The duo, who are ranked at three in the world in pairs carpet bowls, will meet with the country's top players and battle it out for their sixth trophy of the year.
You may also want to watch:
Robin, 57, said: "We're doing very well and hitting form at the right time. The competition will be fierce, but we know what to do."
Robin and Leigh who play for Fowlmere Carpet Bowls Club will also be taking part in the National Championships in June.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford