FA Vase preview
Royston get ready to take on Leiston in the second round of the FA Vase at Garden Walk on Saturday
ROYSTON welcome Suffolk side Leiston to Garden Walk tomorrow (Saturday) in the second round proper of the FA Vase.
The Crows enjoyed an eventful journey in this competition last season when they recorded their best ever achievement by reaching the last 16.
This match promises to be a tough tie for Royston, though, with the Blues currently enjoying a successful season in the Ridgeons Premier Division. Crows boss Paul Attfield has had them watched and the feedback indicates they are a very good outfit at level nine of the football pyramid.
They play in the same division as Wroxham – who knocked Royston out of this competition in the fifth round with a 5-0 win at Garden Walk last season.
They currently sit fourth in the league but have at least seven games in hand over the three teams above them and they are certainly among the favourites to win promotion.
Gareth Heath is the Blues’ top scorer so far this campaign with eight goals while Danny Smy has scored seven.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Missing woman from Royston found
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
Attfield should welcome back skipper Ross Collins to the starting line-up as well as fellow first team regulars Ryan Lockett and Tom Malins who were all left out of Tuesday night’s Herts Senior Cup defeat to St Margaretsbury.
The match kicks off at 3pm so get down to Garden Walk and cheer on the Crows!