Royston Town set for home tie after draw for the FA Trophy third qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town will begin a new assault on the FA Trophy at Garden Walk – hoping to make even more wonderful memories.
The Crows delighted many as they reached the quarter-final of last year’s competition, a run that included famous victories at home to Boreham Wood and Chester and away at Wealdstone and Ebbsfleet United.
And the draw for the third qualifying round of the new season sees them at home to Hythe Town, who play one level below in the Isthmian Division One South East.
The Cannons have started this season well though and sit second after five games. They came from behind on Saturday to beat Ashford United 7-6 on penalties following a 2-2 draw.
The winners of this round will receive £2,450 from the prize fund while the losers pocket £625.
You may also want to watch:
The match is scheduled to be played on Saturday, October 31.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?