Royston Town set for home tie after draw for the FA Trophy third qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town will begin a new assault on the FA Trophy at Garden Walk – hoping to make even more wonderful memories.
The Crows delighted many as they reached the quarter-final of last year’s competition, a run that included famous victories at home to Boreham Wood and Chester and away at Wealdstone and Ebbsfleet United.
And the draw for the third qualifying round of the new season sees them at home to Hythe Town, who play one level below in the Isthmian Division One South East.
The Cannons have started this season well though and sit second after five games. They came from behind on Saturday to beat Ashford United 7-6 on penalties following a 2-2 draw.
The winners of this round will receive £2,450 from the prize fund while the losers pocket £625.
You may also want to watch:
The match is scheduled to be played on Saturday, October 31.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes