Royston Town set for home tie after draw for the FA Trophy third qualifying round
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town will begin a new assault on the FA Trophy at Garden Walk – hoping to make even more wonderful memories.
The Crows delighted many as they reached the quarter-final of last year’s competition, a run that included famous victories at home to Boreham Wood and Chester and away at Wealdstone and Ebbsfleet United.
And the draw for the third qualifying round of the new season sees them at home to Hythe Town, who play one level below in the Isthmian Division One South East.
The Cannons have started this season well though and sit second after five games. They came from behind on Saturday to beat Ashford United 7-6 on penalties following a 2-2 draw.
The winners of this round will receive £2,450 from the prize fund while the losers pocket £625.
You may also want to watch:
The match is scheduled to be played on Saturday, October 31.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity