Royston Town get Hertfordshire derby date following FA Cup draw
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town will be on the road after the draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Cup was made.
The Crows will make the short trip to Isthmian League Premier Division side Bishop’s Stortford for the clash, set for Tuesday, October 13.
They reached this stage with a 4-2 penalty shoot-out victory at home to Stamford, a victory that followed earlier successes at Garden Walk against Newmarket Town and Wroxham.
The Blues have already had one Hertfordshire derby in their cup run, beating Welwyn Garden City on penalties in the first qualifying round after the sides had played out a 1-1 draw.
They advanced to this round with a 1-0 win over Brentwood at their Woodside home on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of each tie get £5,625 in prize money while the losers walk away with £1,875.
Each match will be decided on the night with no extra-time and penalties if the scores are level after 90 minutes.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?