Royston Town get Hertfordshire derby date following FA Cup draw
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town will be on the road after the draw for the third qualifying round of the FA Cup was made.
The Crows will make the short trip to Isthmian League Premier Division side Bishop’s Stortford for the clash, set for Tuesday, October 13.
They reached this stage with a 4-2 penalty shoot-out victory at home to Stamford, a victory that followed earlier successes at Garden Walk against Newmarket Town and Wroxham.
The Blues have already had one Hertfordshire derby in their cup run, beating Welwyn Garden City on penalties in the first qualifying round after the sides had played out a 1-1 draw.
They advanced to this round with a 1-0 win over Brentwood at their Woodside home on Saturday.
You may also want to watch:
The winners of each tie get £5,625 in prize money while the losers walk away with £1,875.
Each match will be decided on the night with no extra-time and penalties if the scores are level after 90 minutes.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity