Royston Town back at home after draw for the FA Cup second qualifying round
- Credit: PA
Royston Town have been handed a third home game in a row after the draw for the second qualifying round of the FA Cup was made.
The Crows will play Stamford on October 3 at Garden Walk, following home victories over Newmarket Town and Wroxham.
The Daniels are again opposition from a division lower than the home side with the Northern Premier League Division One South East their home.
They reached this stage courtesy of victory over Diss Town in the Preliminary Round and AFC Sudbury in the last one, both by the same 4-0 score.
Stamford reached the first round proper in the 2016-2017 season, losing 3-0 at Hartlepool United.
You may also want to watch:
Royston’s best run in the competition came last year when they made the fourth qualifying round before losing 3-1 at home to Maldon & Tiptree.
- 1 Power cut affects nearly 9,000 homes and businesses
- 2 Closing the New QEII at night permanently still to be considered
- 3 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 4 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 5 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 6 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 7 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 8 Campaigners write to MPs opposing trade deal which is of 'great concern to local people'
- 9 Mass vaccination centre in town 'first' to open next week
- 10 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes