Royston Town back at home after draw for the FA Cup second qualifying round
- Credit: PA
Royston Town have been handed a third home game in a row after the draw for the second qualifying round of the FA Cup was made.
The Crows will play Stamford on October 3 at Garden Walk, following home victories over Newmarket Town and Wroxham.
The Daniels are again opposition from a division lower than the home side with the Northern Premier League Division One South East their home.
They reached this stage courtesy of victory over Diss Town in the Preliminary Round and AFC Sudbury in the last one, both by the same 4-0 score.
Stamford reached the first round proper in the 2016-2017 season, losing 3-0 at Hartlepool United.
You may also want to watch:
Royston’s best run in the competition came last year when they made the fourth qualifying round before losing 3-1 at home to Maldon & Tiptree.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity