FA Cup knockout blow for ladies
Acton Town Ladies 5 Royston Town Ladies 1 THERE was disappointment for boss Kevin Foulger as his Royston team crashed out of the Women s FA Cup in the Preliminary Third Round. Coming up against a strong Acton Town side, Foulgers young team found the con
Acton Town Ladies 5
Royston Town Ladies 1
THERE was disappointment for boss Kevin Foulger as his Royston team crashed out of the Women's FA Cup in the Preliminary Third Round.
Coming up against a strong Acton Town side, Foulgers young team found the conditions, added to the experience of the opposition, too much to overcome.
He said: "We didn't play with the fluidity that I would have liked, and after going behind we struggled to get back in the game.
"Our basic passing and movement let us down, which are things that can be improved on.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
- 4 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 5 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 8 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 9 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 10 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
"It was just one of those days."
There was some consolation for Royston as Emma Chaffey continued her rich vein of form by scoring the goal of the game with a long range volley.
Royston Town Ladies return to the league tonight (Thursday) with a trip to Haringey.
Foulger added: "They're a good side, who gave us two very tough games last season.
"It should be an interesting match, and I'm confident we can get a result.