FA Cup knockout blow for ladies
Acton Town Ladies 5 Royston Town Ladies 1 THERE was disappointment for boss Kevin Foulger as his Royston team crashed out of the Women s FA Cup in the Preliminary Third Round. Coming up against a strong Acton Town side, Foulgers young team found the con
Acton Town Ladies 5
Royston Town Ladies 1
THERE was disappointment for boss Kevin Foulger as his Royston team crashed out of the Women's FA Cup in the Preliminary Third Round.
Coming up against a strong Acton Town side, Foulgers young team found the conditions, added to the experience of the opposition, too much to overcome.
You may also want to watch:
He said: "We didn't play with the fluidity that I would have liked, and after going behind we struggled to get back in the game.
"Our basic passing and movement let us down, which are things that can be improved on.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
"It was just one of those days."
There was some consolation for Royston as Emma Chaffey continued her rich vein of form by scoring the goal of the game with a long range volley.
Royston Town Ladies return to the league tonight (Thursday) with a trip to Haringey.
Foulger added: "They're a good side, who gave us two very tough games last season.
"It should be an interesting match, and I'm confident we can get a result.