FA Cup – Crows 2-0 Dunstable: Royston’s Vasey clinches win
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town picked up a cool £3,000 for beating Dunstable Town 2-0 at Garden Walk on Saturday – but for many it was the glory of progressing in the FA Cup that was more impressive.
Royston Town picked up a cool £3,000 for beating Dunstable Town 2-0 at Garden Walk on Saturday – but for many it was the glory of progressing in the FA Cup which was more impressive.
The prize for Steve Castle’s side is a trip to Braintree Town Vanarama National League South on Saturday, September 16.
Goals from Adam Marriott after a driving run from Gus Scott-Morriss who pulled the ball back for the former Lincoln City forward to slot into the net on 25 minutes.
The Crows sealed the game with seven minutes to go through a neat finish from Jack Vasey after Josh Castiglione’s through ball.
You may also want to watch:
The result capped a good week for the club as all its teams – 18s, A side, Reserves and First Team and Ladies all winning without a goal being scored against them.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College