FA Cup – Crows 2-0 Dunstable: Royston’s Vasey clinches win
- Credit: Archant
Royston Town picked up a cool £3,000 for beating Dunstable Town 2-0 at Garden Walk on Saturday – but for many it was the glory of progressing in the FA Cup that was more impressive.
Royston Town picked up a cool £3,000 for beating Dunstable Town 2-0 at Garden Walk on Saturday – but for many it was the glory of progressing in the FA Cup which was more impressive.
The prize for Steve Castle’s side is a trip to Braintree Town Vanarama National League South on Saturday, September 16.
Goals from Adam Marriott after a driving run from Gus Scott-Morriss who pulled the ball back for the former Lincoln City forward to slot into the net on 25 minutes.
The Crows sealed the game with seven minutes to go through a neat finish from Jack Vasey after Josh Castiglione’s through ball.
You may also want to watch:
The result capped a good week for the club as all its teams – 18s, A side, Reserves and First Team and Ladies all winning without a goal being scored against them.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims