Evans Is ABA Champ
ROYSTON boxer Bradley Evans has been crowned Senior ABA Featherweight Champion. The 18-year-old stormed to a 16-3 victory against Salford s Lee Gillespie at Bethnal Green s famous York Hall on Friday night to become the UK s number one senior featherweig
ROYSTON boxer Bradley Evans has been crowned Senior ABA Featherweight Champion.
The 18-year-old stormed to a 16-3 victory against Salford's Lee Gillespie at Bethnal Green's famous York Hall on Friday night to become the UK's number one senior featherweight boxer.
As a result the former Meridian School student became the first mid Anglian boxer to lift the coveted title since Monty Laud in 1950.
Evans is also the first in his club's, Stevenage BC, 60-year history.
You may also want to watch:
Evans' coach Dave Blows described the triumph as "sensational".
Next up for the talented youngster is the European Seniors to be held in Liverpool later this year.
- 1 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 2 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 3 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 6 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Cooling caps appeal to reduce chemo patients' hair loss
- 9 Hallmark Trophy decided in close-run contest at Heydon Grange Golf Club
- 10 Families celebrate Father's Day at IWM Duxford