Evans Is ABA Champ
ROYSTON boxer Bradley Evans has been crowned Senior ABA Featherweight Champion. The 18-year-old stormed to a 16-3 victory against Salford s Lee Gillespie at Bethnal Green s famous York Hall on Friday night to become the UK s number one senior featherweig
ROYSTON boxer Bradley Evans has been crowned Senior ABA Featherweight Champion.
The 18-year-old stormed to a 16-3 victory against Salford's Lee Gillespie at Bethnal Green's famous York Hall on Friday night to become the UK's number one senior featherweight boxer.
As a result the former Meridian School student became the first mid Anglian boxer to lift the coveted title since Monty Laud in 1950.
Evans is also the first in his club's, Stevenage BC, 60-year history.
You may also want to watch:
Evans' coach Dave Blows described the triumph as "sensational".
Next up for the talented youngster is the European Seniors to be held in Liverpool later this year.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 5 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 8 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 9 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 10 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory