Evans Is ABA Champ
ROYSTON boxer Bradley Evans has been crowned Senior ABA Featherweight Champion. The 18-year-old stormed to a 16-3 victory against Salford s Lee Gillespie at Bethnal Green s famous York Hall on Friday night to become the UK s number one senior featherweig
ROYSTON boxer Bradley Evans has been crowned Senior ABA Featherweight Champion.
The 18-year-old stormed to a 16-3 victory against Salford's Lee Gillespie at Bethnal Green's famous York Hall on Friday night to become the UK's number one senior featherweight boxer.
As a result the former Meridian School student became the first mid Anglian boxer to lift the coveted title since Monty Laud in 1950.
Evans is also the first in his club's, Stevenage BC, 60-year history.
Evans' coach Dave Blows described the triumph as "sensational".
Next up for the talented youngster is the European Seniors to be held in Liverpool later this year.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 5 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 6 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
- 9 Parish councillor dies in ‘freak accident’
- 10 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre