Evans ensures Stinga doesn’t linga!
ROYSTON bantamweight Bradley Evans followed up his Junior ABA triumph with another win this week – overcoming the talented Johnny Stingalinga. Stingalinga came into the bout as the current senior South African National Champion, and boasted an impressive
ROYSTON bantamweight Bradley Evans followed up his Junior ABA triumph with another win this week - overcoming the talented Johnny Stingalinga.
Stingalinga came into the bout as the current senior South African National Champion, and boasted an impressive record of 45 wins from 55 bouts.
However, Evans, 18, ignored the form book and quickly backed Stingalinga against the ropes with a number of powerful hooks - one of which sent his opponent crashing to the canvas.
Stingalinga came back in the second round, but was promptly dropped again as Evans issued a couple of clever head shots.
You may also want to watch:
By the third round the South African was all but looking to survive, with Evans putting him on his back once more with a solid punch to the stomach before the bell rang.
Evans' coach Dave Blows said: "Stingalinga had no answer to the aggression and accuracy of Bradley in another good win.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 5 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 6 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 7 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 10 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims