Evans ensures Stinga doesn’t linga!
ROYSTON bantamweight Bradley Evans followed up his Junior ABA triumph with another win this week – overcoming the talented Johnny Stingalinga. Stingalinga came into the bout as the current senior South African National Champion, and boasted an impressive
ROYSTON bantamweight Bradley Evans followed up his Junior ABA triumph with another win this week - overcoming the talented Johnny Stingalinga.
Stingalinga came into the bout as the current senior South African National Champion, and boasted an impressive record of 45 wins from 55 bouts.
However, Evans, 18, ignored the form book and quickly backed Stingalinga against the ropes with a number of powerful hooks - one of which sent his opponent crashing to the canvas.
Stingalinga came back in the second round, but was promptly dropped again as Evans issued a couple of clever head shots.
By the third round the South African was all but looking to survive, with Evans putting him on his back once more with a solid punch to the stomach before the bell rang.
Evans' coach Dave Blows said: "Stingalinga had no answer to the aggression and accuracy of Bradley in another good win.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 5 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 6 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 7 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 8 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 9 Imperial War Museums launches first ever IWM Live event at Duxford this year
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge