Evans ensures Stinga doesn’t linga!
ROYSTON bantamweight Bradley Evans followed up his Junior ABA triumph with another win this week – overcoming the talented Johnny Stingalinga. Stingalinga came into the bout as the current senior South African National Champion, and boasted an impressive
ROYSTON bantamweight Bradley Evans followed up his Junior ABA triumph with another win this week - overcoming the talented Johnny Stingalinga.
Stingalinga came into the bout as the current senior South African National Champion, and boasted an impressive record of 45 wins from 55 bouts.
However, Evans, 18, ignored the form book and quickly backed Stingalinga against the ropes with a number of powerful hooks - one of which sent his opponent crashing to the canvas.
Stingalinga came back in the second round, but was promptly dropped again as Evans issued a couple of clever head shots.
You may also want to watch:
By the third round the South African was all but looking to survive, with Evans putting him on his back once more with a solid punch to the stomach before the bell rang.
Evans' coach Dave Blows said: "Stingalinga had no answer to the aggression and accuracy of Bradley in another good win.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash