Evans ensures Stinga doesn’t linga!
ROYSTON bantamweight Bradley Evans followed up his Junior ABA triumph with another win this week – overcoming the talented Johnny Stingalinga. Stingalinga came into the bout as the current senior South African National Champion, and boasted an impressive
ROYSTON bantamweight Bradley Evans followed up his Junior ABA triumph with another win this week - overcoming the talented Johnny Stingalinga.
Stingalinga came into the bout as the current senior South African National Champion, and boasted an impressive record of 45 wins from 55 bouts.
However, Evans, 18, ignored the form book and quickly backed Stingalinga against the ropes with a number of powerful hooks - one of which sent his opponent crashing to the canvas.
Stingalinga came back in the second round, but was promptly dropped again as Evans issued a couple of clever head shots.
You may also want to watch:
By the third round the South African was all but looking to survive, with Evans putting him on his back once more with a solid punch to the stomach before the bell rang.
Evans' coach Dave Blows said: "Stingalinga had no answer to the aggression and accuracy of Bradley in another good win.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?