Elsenham hit seven despite not fielding a full team
Broadhall Youth 0 Elsenham 7 Under-11s Division Three DESPITE a depleted squad, which meant Elsenham were not able to field 11 first team players, they still came away from their match with Broadhall with a magnificent 7-0 victory. George Greenhalgh, who
Broadhall Youth 0 Elsenham 7
Under-11s Division Three
DESPITE a depleted squad, which meant Elsenham were not able to field 11 first team players, they still came away from their match with Broadhall with a magnificent 7-0 victory.
George Greenhalgh, who was told to hang back outside the box in the event of an attacking phase breakdown, scored the first by clipping a 30-yarder which was in the second it left his laces.
You may also want to watch:
Pressure from the goal kick led to the second and good wing play and cross from Harry Binnnington to Thomas Blake led to the third for 3-0 at half time.
Aston Bowden's through ball to Blake saw him power down the line and as he moved goalwards he hit an absolute pile driver into the bottom corner for 4-0, and as Broadhall's heads started to drop Elsenham upped their game.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 Get on your bike for the A10 Awareness Ride comeback
- 7 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 8 Council leader calls for 'kind and courteous' queuing for fuel
- 9 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 10 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
Elsenham's tackles were hard and fair and showed desire and determination when it would have been much easier for them to ease up and save their energy.
The visitors were rewarded with two superb team goals that involved passing, movement and double one-two's finished off by Harvey Cockram and Bowden.
At 6-0 the players somehow found the stamina and strength to push forward again and Bowden obliged Greenhalgh with a one-two and his second of the game.