Elsenham claim first away win in style
Potton Colts 0 Elsenham Youth 7 Under-11 Division Four FANTASTIC weather again was the backdrop for a very good team performance and Elsenham s first away win of the season. Potton were unbeaten in their first three games but were put to the sword in dev
Potton Colts 0 Elsenham Youth 7
Under-11 Division Four
FANTASTIC weather again was the backdrop for a very good team performance and Elsenham's first away win of the season.
Potton were unbeaten in their first three games but were put to the sword in devastating style by the boys in green.
You may also want to watch:
For once, Elsenham started well, with Harry Binnington and Louise Hammond tough tackling in the middle and Harry drilling one into the bottom corner for his first of the season.
When the visitors stopped passing, their drive and determination were getting them through and they played virtually the whole of the first 30 minutes in Potton's half. Fresh out of his sick bed, Aston Bowden placed a left footer into the corner and followed that with a delicate chip for 3-0. His strike partner Thomas Blake also grabbed a brace and was always looking to bring other people into play with his awareness and unselfish play.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 8 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 9 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 10 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
At 5-0 at half time the game was over and yet the second half started with the first spell of sustained pressure from Potton.
Unfortunately for them, once they had got past the Elsenham midfield Elliot Steele was always there with his perfectly timed clearances.
The make shift centre halves Marley Wright and Matthew Biggoli were fantastic and never put a foot wrong.
Elsenham's relentless pressure paid off after Potton's little spell with George Greenhalgh slotting home to keep his record of a goal a game and Harry Binnington getting his second from a corner and the resulting scramble.