Joy for eight-year-old Eliza Sandhurst as she lands a hole-in-one at Kingsway Golf Centre
- Credit: Archant
Like a nine-dart finish or a perfect hat-trick, every golfers’ dream is that they can land a hole-in-one – and for one eight-year-old that can be ticked off the list already.
Eliza Sandhurst managed the feat at her home course at Kingsway Golf Centre in Melbourn.
Playing on the par-three Orchard Course she opted for a six-iron at the 75-yard hole and after one practice swing a well-struck shot bounced onto the green and into the cup.
The Haslingfield Primary School pupil is already considered one to watch having only picked up the clubs two years ago and forms part of the Total Junior Golfer development squad based at the Cambridge Road club.
Dad Clive says playing golf is definitely a family thing.
You may also want to watch:
“My last official handicap was 17 and my wife is also learning at Kingsway,” he said.
“My twin daughters, Bryony and Imogen, aged 11, also play and Imogen is now a junior member at Kingsway and currently in the process of getting her first official handicap.
- 1 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 4 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 9 7 things to do, places to go and gift experiences for dad this Father's Day
- 10 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
“All five of us can play together which is great and I spent my recent birthday playing with the family.”