Joy for eight-year-old Eliza Sandhurst as she lands a hole-in-one at Kingsway Golf Centre
- Credit: Archant
Like a nine-dart finish or a perfect hat-trick, every golfers’ dream is that they can land a hole-in-one – and for one eight-year-old that can be ticked off the list already.
Eliza Sandhurst managed the feat at her home course at Kingsway Golf Centre in Melbourn.
Playing on the par-three Orchard Course she opted for a six-iron at the 75-yard hole and after one practice swing a well-struck shot bounced onto the green and into the cup.
The Haslingfield Primary School pupil is already considered one to watch having only picked up the clubs two years ago and forms part of the Total Junior Golfer development squad based at the Cambridge Road club.
Dad Clive says playing golf is definitely a family thing.
You may also want to watch:
“My last official handicap was 17 and my wife is also learning at Kingsway,” he said.
“My twin daughters, Bryony and Imogen, aged 11, also play and Imogen is now a junior member at Kingsway and currently in the process of getting her first official handicap.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
“All five of us can play together which is great and I spent my recent birthday playing with the family.”