Elaine wins Hallmark Trophy
WITH a score of 40 points, Elaine Knoble-Forbes claimed an easy win in the Heydon Grange Hallmark Trophy. The annual mixed event was played in poor conditions and many of the field struggled to post a decent score. David Galliard finished second, six po
WITH a score of 40 points, Elaine Knoble-Forbes claimed an easy win in the Heydon Grange Hallmark Trophy.
The annual mixed event was played in poor conditions and many of the field struggled to post a decent score.
David Galliard finished second, six points behind Knoble-Forbes, with club captain Adrian Patterson finishing on 33 points.
David Smallman of Heydon Grange said: "Elaine played careful golf and managed to stay away from the renowned Heydon rough, while others found the ball difficult to control in the strong wind."
You may also want to watch:
The victory brought Knobel-Forbes' handicap down to 17.7.
Despite another fine performance from Malcolm Knoble-Forbes and playing partner Steve Miller, along with Paul Chamberlain and Mark Lewis, Heydon Grange could not make home advantage count against St Neots in the second round of the Jock Stewart Tournament.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 5 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
Knoble-Forbes and Miller maintained their winning combination, but club captain Adrian Patterson and Bob Bridges lost 5 and 4, leaving Chamberlain and Lewis to play for the match on the extra holes but it took St Neots only one to seal victory.