Edward set for Snetterton test
SINGLE-SEATER racing driver Edward Heinzelmann scored two third place finishes in the latest rounds of the 2008 Formula Renault BARC Championship. The 22-year-old from Royston is now 13 points off the overall leader in the Club Class after his double pod
SINGLE-SEATER racing driver Edward Heinzelmann scored two third place finishes in the latest rounds of the 2008 Formula Renault BARC Championship.
The 22-year-old from Royston is now 13 points off the overall leader in the Club Class after his double podium performance in rounds six and seven at North Yorkshire's Croft circuit on Sunday.
Saturday's qualifying session saw the Heathsports team qualify third among Club Class drivers for each race, which placed him 23rd on the grid overall. However, the start of round six saw Heinzelmann challenge Steven Durrant and Fraser Smart for the lead but despite setting a personal best lap less than one-tenth slower than class winner Durrant the youngster had to settle for third place.
The second race of the day saw Heinzelmann, who won the opening round of the season at Brands Hatch, pick up the pace and embark on a memorable battle for second place with Smart behind Durrant.
You may also want to watch:
After applying constant pressure, Heinzelmann took over at the end of lap 10, only for Smart to regain the position on the following lap.
Rounds eight and nine of the 2008 Formula Renault BARC Championship will take place at Snetterton on Saturday, August 9.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 6 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 7 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 8 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés