Edey double sinks Press
Cambridge Univ Press 1 Bassingbourn 2 JAMES Edey netted a double as Bassingbourn returned to winning ways against BIS 3A league leaders Cambridge University Press. The visitors started the game well and after some good early pressure, Edey opened the sco
Cambridge Univ Press 1 Bassingbourn 2
JAMES Edey netted a double as Bassingbourn returned to winning ways against BIS 3A league leaders Cambridge University Press.
The visitors started the game well and after some good early pressure, Edey opened the scoring following up his rebounded strike with a calm low finish.
But the home side hit back moments later when a well-taken corner took Bassingbourn by surprise and left goalkeeper Colin Macarthur with no chance.
You may also want to watch:
However, the goal seemed to spur Bassingbourn on, and right on half-time Nick Humphries' corner was scrambled in by Edey for his second goal of the game.
Edey had the chance to complete his hat-trick early in the second half, but his shot was well saved by the Cambridge keeper.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 5 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 6 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
Chances also fell to both John Dundon and Glenn Humphrys after good work by Kerry Chaffey.
However, with solid defending and tight marking by man-of-the-match James Marrage the visitors held on.
Bassingbourn: Macarthur; Hagger, Andrews, Marrage, Collins; Chaffey, Dundon, Humphries, Cook; Humphrys, Edey. (Subs): Allen, Barthrop, Hunter, Glasscock.