Edey double sinks Press
Cambridge Univ Press 1 Bassingbourn 2 JAMES Edey netted a double as Bassingbourn returned to winning ways against BIS 3A league leaders Cambridge University Press. The visitors started the game well and after some good early pressure, Edey opened the sco
Cambridge Univ Press 1 Bassingbourn 2
JAMES Edey netted a double as Bassingbourn returned to winning ways against BIS 3A league leaders Cambridge University Press.
The visitors started the game well and after some good early pressure, Edey opened the scoring following up his rebounded strike with a calm low finish.
But the home side hit back moments later when a well-taken corner took Bassingbourn by surprise and left goalkeeper Colin Macarthur with no chance.
You may also want to watch:
However, the goal seemed to spur Bassingbourn on, and right on half-time Nick Humphries' corner was scrambled in by Edey for his second goal of the game.
Edey had the chance to complete his hat-trick early in the second half, but his shot was well saved by the Cambridge keeper.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 5 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
Chances also fell to both John Dundon and Glenn Humphrys after good work by Kerry Chaffey.
However, with solid defending and tight marking by man-of-the-match James Marrage the visitors held on.
Bassingbourn: Macarthur; Hagger, Andrews, Marrage, Collins; Chaffey, Dundon, Humphries, Cook; Humphrys, Edey. (Subs): Allen, Barthrop, Hunter, Glasscock.