Ed boy’s a hat-trick hero
TEENAGER Ed Garrot snapped up a hat-trick as Reed III took on Saracens in a Sunday friendly. Reed decided to bat first on a good home wicket. David Johnson (84) batted well and was supported by Roger Bowcock (18) and Richard Barlow (33) in taking the sco
TEENAGER Ed Garrot snapped up a hat-trick as Reed III took on Saracens in a Sunday friendly.
Reed decided to bat first on a good home wicket.
David Johnson (84) batted well and was supported by Roger Bowcock (18) and Richard Barlow (33) in taking the score to 152-3.
A mini-collapse saw the score drop to 163-5 before some powerful hitting from Massi Naeem (35) enabled Reed to declare at 221-6 in 45 overs.
For Saracens, Mike Bigby bowled a good spell and ended with 15-1-75-4. Saracens reply started badly losing a wicket to a smart caught and bowled from Neil Haslam (12-4-35-1).
Alan Murphy (34) and Neil Dookerhan (30) batted steadily against some tight bowling from the returning Andrew Wholley (8-2-18-1) and Jason Pallet (6-1-21-1) and looked to be guiding Saracens to a good total.
- 1 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 2 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 3 Bank of England warns people have 100 days to use old £20 and £50 notes
- 4 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 5 Wanted burglar caught in Grafton Centre with 'hoard of stolen goods'
- 6 Herts police officers shared rape 'jokes' and bestiality porn on WhatsApp
- 7 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 10 IN PICTURES: Wills and Kate visit Cambridgeshire's first County Day
In the 33rd over, 14-year-old Garrot was introduced into the attack and with some excellent slow bowling and good support from the fielders returned the remarkable figures of 4-1-9-7, which included a hat-trick.
This spell ended the Saracens innings on 112 in the 40th over.