Ed boy’s a hat-trick hero
TEENAGER Ed Garrot snapped up a hat-trick as Reed III took on Saracens in a Sunday friendly. Reed decided to bat first on a good home wicket. David Johnson (84) batted well and was supported by Roger Bowcock (18) and Richard Barlow (33) in taking the sco
TEENAGER Ed Garrot snapped up a hat-trick as Reed III took on Saracens in a Sunday friendly.
Reed decided to bat first on a good home wicket.
David Johnson (84) batted well and was supported by Roger Bowcock (18) and Richard Barlow (33) in taking the score to 152-3.
A mini-collapse saw the score drop to 163-5 before some powerful hitting from Massi Naeem (35) enabled Reed to declare at 221-6 in 45 overs.
You may also want to watch:
For Saracens, Mike Bigby bowled a good spell and ended with 15-1-75-4. Saracens reply started badly losing a wicket to a smart caught and bowled from Neil Haslam (12-4-35-1).
Alan Murphy (34) and Neil Dookerhan (30) batted steadily against some tight bowling from the returning Andrew Wholley (8-2-18-1) and Jason Pallet (6-1-21-1) and looked to be guiding Saracens to a good total.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
In the 33rd over, 14-year-old Garrot was introduced into the attack and with some excellent slow bowling and good support from the fielders returned the remarkable figures of 4-1-9-7, which included a hat-trick.
This spell ended the Saracens innings on 112 in the 40th over.