Easy win for Great Chishill
Great Chishill (103-2) beat Littleport (101 all out) by eight wickets Great Chishill I cruised to an eight-wicket victory against Littleport Town I in the Cheffins CCA Senior League Division Three. Terry Manning took 3-31 and debutant Chris Allen 2-21 as
Great Chishill (103-2) beat Littleport (101 all out) by eight wickets
Great Chishill I cruised to an eight-wicket victory against Littleport Town I in the Cheffins CCA Senior League Division Three.
Terry Manning took 3-31 and debutant Chris Allen 2-21 as the visitors were bundled out for just 101 in 39.1 overs.
Harry Picton-Turbervill ensured there were no alarms as he hit a polished 47. Skipper Angus Gent completed the job with an unbeaten 31. In Sunday's Twenty20 match, Great Chishill suffered a narrow defeat at the hands of a talented Sawston II side.
Chishill batted first and probably finished just short of a challenging total at 132-8, with Simon Marks compiling 36no.
Marks then took up the fight with the ball to take 3-26.
- 1 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 2 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 3 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 4 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 5 Melbourn Village College ready for Hastings battle in quarter-finals of national cup
- 6 Royston drama group CADS announces winner of 2022 Fred Sillence Award
- 7 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
- 9 Former nurse at Stevenage's Lister Hospital struck off
- 10 Cambridge Literary Festival is back with first names announced for spring 2022 showpiece
However, Bradford's mighty innings of 67 was enough to see his team into the finals day despite Sam Stoop coming back to flatten his stumps in the penultimate over.