Eastern promotions success for club
JUNIOR and senior members of Melbourn Judo Club have collected a haul of promotions at the BJA Eastern Area Examinations in Thetford. The four juniors, attending their first gradings outside the club, were all promoted to Orange belt with Charles Triggs,
JUNIOR and senior members of Melbourn Judo Club have collected a haul of promotions at the BJA Eastern Area Examinations in Thetford.
The four juniors, attending their first gradings outside the club, were all promoted to Orange belt with Charles Triggs, Tom Mason and Tom Carter all moving to 8th Mon (Orange 2), with Luke Bateman moving to 7th Mon (Orange 1).
James Nisbet moved from 7th to 8th Mon and Rosa Hatt had two resounding wins to move to 9th Mon (Orange 3).
Kristopher Francombe had three contests and recorded two fine wins to gain a two grade promotion to 10th Mon (Green 1).
Junior of the day, however, was Emma Reid, who won all three of her fights to gain promotion to 11th Mon (Green 2).
In the senior section Jon Parry was unsuccessful in his attempt to move to Upper Brown, but Ed Brett, taking his first senior grading, and Gerhard Oberholzer, both recorded wins to gain promotion to 5th Kyu (Upper Green).
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Royston Museum finally reopens following two-year closure
- 3 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 7 Census data reveals Hertfordshire population boom over last decade
- 8 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 9 Plans for second multi-storey car park at Stevenage's Lister Hospital to help 'better meet demand'
- 10 Met Office weather: Yellow thunderstorm warning for East of England
- For more information, contact the club's chief instructor Derek Coult on 01763 225004.