Eastern promotions success for club
JUNIOR and senior members of Melbourn Judo Club have collected a haul of promotions at the BJA Eastern Area Examinations in Thetford. The four juniors, attending their first gradings outside the club, were all promoted to Orange belt with Charles Triggs,
JUNIOR and senior members of Melbourn Judo Club have collected a haul of promotions at the BJA Eastern Area Examinations in Thetford.
The four juniors, attending their first gradings outside the club, were all promoted to Orange belt with Charles Triggs, Tom Mason and Tom Carter all moving to 8th Mon (Orange 2), with Luke Bateman moving to 7th Mon (Orange 1).
James Nisbet moved from 7th to 8th Mon and Rosa Hatt had two resounding wins to move to 9th Mon (Orange 3).
Kristopher Francombe had three contests and recorded two fine wins to gain a two grade promotion to 10th Mon (Green 1).
You may also want to watch:
Junior of the day, however, was Emma Reid, who won all three of her fights to gain promotion to 11th Mon (Green 2).
In the senior section Jon Parry was unsuccessful in his attempt to move to Upper Brown, but Ed Brett, taking his first senior grading, and Gerhard Oberholzer, both recorded wins to gain promotion to 5th Kyu (Upper Green).
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- For more information, contact the club's chief instructor Derek Coult on 01763 225004.