Eastern promotions success for club
JUNIOR and senior members of Melbourn Judo Club have collected a haul of promotions at the BJA Eastern Area Examinations in Thetford. The four juniors, attending their first gradings outside the club, were all promoted to Orange belt with Charles Triggs,
JUNIOR and senior members of Melbourn Judo Club have collected a haul of promotions at the BJA Eastern Area Examinations in Thetford.
The four juniors, attending their first gradings outside the club, were all promoted to Orange belt with Charles Triggs, Tom Mason and Tom Carter all moving to 8th Mon (Orange 2), with Luke Bateman moving to 7th Mon (Orange 1).
James Nisbet moved from 7th to 8th Mon and Rosa Hatt had two resounding wins to move to 9th Mon (Orange 3).
Kristopher Francombe had three contests and recorded two fine wins to gain a two grade promotion to 10th Mon (Green 1).
You may also want to watch:
Junior of the day, however, was Emma Reid, who won all three of her fights to gain promotion to 11th Mon (Green 2).
In the senior section Jon Parry was unsuccessful in his attempt to move to Upper Brown, but Ed Brett, taking his first senior grading, and Gerhard Oberholzer, both recorded wins to gain promotion to 5th Kyu (Upper Green).
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 3 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 4 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 10 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- For more information, contact the club's chief instructor Derek Coult on 01763 225004.