Eastern promotions success for club
JUNIOR and senior members of Melbourn Judo Club have collected a haul of promotions at the BJA Eastern Area Examinations in Thetford. The four juniors, attending their first gradings outside the club, were all promoted to Orange belt with Charles Triggs,
JUNIOR and senior members of Melbourn Judo Club have collected a haul of promotions at the BJA Eastern Area Examinations in Thetford.
The four juniors, attending their first gradings outside the club, were all promoted to Orange belt with Charles Triggs, Tom Mason and Tom Carter all moving to 8th Mon (Orange 2), with Luke Bateman moving to 7th Mon (Orange 1).
James Nisbet moved from 7th to 8th Mon and Rosa Hatt had two resounding wins to move to 9th Mon (Orange 3).
Kristopher Francombe had three contests and recorded two fine wins to gain a two grade promotion to 10th Mon (Green 1).
Junior of the day, however, was Emma Reid, who won all three of her fights to gain promotion to 11th Mon (Green 2).
In the senior section Jon Parry was unsuccessful in his attempt to move to Upper Brown, but Ed Brett, taking his first senior grading, and Gerhard Oberholzer, both recorded wins to gain promotion to 5th Kyu (Upper Green).
- 1 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 2 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 3 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 4 Time-lapse video: Nightingale surge hub build at Lister Hospital
- 5 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 6 Downing Street and its South Cambs connections
- 7 Aldi chocolate and yoghurts containing metal among recent recalled products
- 8 Cancer nurse's warning over drop in cervical screening
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- For more information, contact the club's chief instructor Derek Coult on 01763 225004.