Eagles do the double
Whites beat Hitchin in League Cup final
After winning the Royston Crow Division Two league title Letchworth GC Eagles Whites completed a great season by beating Hitchin Town Youth 2-1 in the League Cup Final.
The Eagles were fortunate to get an early penalty after a foul by on an on rushing Eagles forward, and the spot kick was crisply put away by Paul Morris.
The same player added a second goal midway into the second half before Hitchin replied with a penalty not long before the end.
That goal set up a fine finish with both sides having chances to win the game.
You may also want to watch:
The Eagles hit the bar and Hitchin had a goal disallowed for offside before the Eagles saw out the game for a fine win over higher league opposition.
Eagles: Callum, Chris, Woody, Joe, Jarron, Sam, Dom, Ant, Matty, Chapman, Hammond, Irren, Harrision, Harry, Paul, Ross, James and River.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe