Eades strike sees Panthers sign off with a point
Austen Arrowheads A U-8 1 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 1 A LUKE Eades equaliser gave Melbourn Panthers a share of the points in their final game of the season. Goalkeeper Dani Friel made a number of good saves, and defender and man-of-the-match Josh
Austen Arrowheads A U-8 1 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 1
A LUKE Eades equaliser gave Melbourn Panthers a share of the points in their final game of the season.
Goalkeeper Dani Friel made a number of good saves, and defender and man-of-the-match Josh Bates made critical tackles to keep the Austen attack at bay.
However, the Stevenage side took the lead just before half time.
You may also want to watch:
Panthers shuffled their pack, and within minutes of the interval a George Storey right-wing cross was met by Eades, who controlled and drilled the ball into the Austen net.
Austen Arrowheads B U-8 4 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers U-8 1
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 9 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 10 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
AN excellent start to the game saw Kieran Geraghty's low shot hit the back of the net for Melbourn Tigers to take an early lead.
Tigers had the majority of the first-half possession and were unlucky not to increase their lead, with both Matthew Harris and George Storey going close.
Austen took advantage of the slope, and within five minutes of the restart were able to nab three quick goals on the break.
Despite a spirited fightback, Melbourn were unable to create any more clear chances before Austen scored their fourth late in the game.