Eades strike sees Panthers sign off with a point
Austen Arrowheads A U-8 1 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 1 A LUKE Eades equaliser gave Melbourn Panthers a share of the points in their final game of the season. Goalkeeper Dani Friel made a number of good saves, and defender and man-of-the-match Josh
Austen Arrowheads A U-8 1 Melbourn Dynamos Panthers 1
A LUKE Eades equaliser gave Melbourn Panthers a share of the points in their final game of the season.
Goalkeeper Dani Friel made a number of good saves, and defender and man-of-the-match Josh Bates made critical tackles to keep the Austen attack at bay.
However, the Stevenage side took the lead just before half time.
Panthers shuffled their pack, and within minutes of the interval a George Storey right-wing cross was met by Eades, who controlled and drilled the ball into the Austen net.
Austen Arrowheads B U-8 4 Melbourn Dynamos Tigers U-8 1
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 5 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 6 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 7 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 10 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
AN excellent start to the game saw Kieran Geraghty's low shot hit the back of the net for Melbourn Tigers to take an early lead.
Tigers had the majority of the first-half possession and were unlucky not to increase their lead, with both Matthew Harris and George Storey going close.
Austen took advantage of the slope, and within five minutes of the restart were able to nab three quick goals on the break.
Despite a spirited fightback, Melbourn were unable to create any more clear chances before Austen scored their fourth late in the game.