Dynamos miss out despite great display
MELBOURN Dynamos Panthers under-nines could not progress from the weekend cup matches, despite a brilliant 4-0 victory in their opening game. Seeing off Baldock, the Panthers were 2-0 up at half time, with the impressive Tommy Hollway netting both goals
MELBOURN Dynamos Panthers under-nines could not progress from the weekend cup matches, despite a brilliant 4-0 victory in their opening game.
Seeing off Baldock, the Panthers were 2-0 up at half time, with the impressive Tommy Hollway netting both goals after some strong running from midfield.
The second half continued as the first, with George Storey finishing in style to make it 3-0, while Josh Hutton capped a fine win with another good effort.
However, Melbourn came unstuck in their next game losing 2-0 to Bishop's Stortford Park.
You may also want to watch:
A sluggish start cost the Panthers and as a result they found themselves trailing early on. A second soon followed, with the Stortford win all but wrapped up by half time.
Needing a point to stay in the competition, Melbourn suffered a disappointing 2-1 defeat in their final game against Letchworth Reds.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 5 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
At half time, the Panthers were again trailing by two goals, however after the break Melbourn came out strong.
And their commitment was underlined following a superb solo goal from player-of-the-match George Storey, who after a good run slotted the ball low into the Letchworth net.
Melbourn ran out of time in search of an equalizer but restored some pride with a solid second-half display.