Dynamos lose out to Stevenage
Stevenage Youth U11s 3 Melbourn Dynamos U11s 1
Melbourn Dynamos U11s put on a spirited display as they travelled to second in the table Stevenage Town Youth but lost 3-1.
Stevenage started well and put Melbourn under pressure at the start of the first half but Melbourn soon found their feet and Oli Deadman came close early on when his shot just rolled wide of the post.
Play swung from end to end in an evenly fought first half and Melbourn competed well in midfield with the control and vision of Martin Downey and a hard working Ben Greenaway. Melbourn couldn’t turn their chances into goals and were punished by a well worked Stevenage goal late in the half.
Stevenage doubled their lead early on in the second half with a breakaway goal but to their credit Melbourn didn’t give up and soon had their reward with a well taken strike from Mathew Morris.
You may also want to watch:
At the back Imogen Ranner, Alex Goodfellow and Theo Windred had solid games and Man of the Match, Cameron Ireland, was dependable in goal.
Stevenage scored their third right at the end of a good, competitive game but this was a decent performance by Melbourn.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended