Dynamos lose out to Stevenage
Stevenage Youth U11s 3 Melbourn Dynamos U11s 1
Melbourn Dynamos U11s put on a spirited display as they travelled to second in the table Stevenage Town Youth but lost 3-1.
Stevenage started well and put Melbourn under pressure at the start of the first half but Melbourn soon found their feet and Oli Deadman came close early on when his shot just rolled wide of the post.
Play swung from end to end in an evenly fought first half and Melbourn competed well in midfield with the control and vision of Martin Downey and a hard working Ben Greenaway. Melbourn couldn’t turn their chances into goals and were punished by a well worked Stevenage goal late in the half.
Stevenage doubled their lead early on in the second half with a breakaway goal but to their credit Melbourn didn’t give up and soon had their reward with a well taken strike from Mathew Morris.
You may also want to watch:
At the back Imogen Ranner, Alex Goodfellow and Theo Windred had solid games and Man of the Match, Cameron Ireland, was dependable in goal.
Stevenage scored their third right at the end of a good, competitive game but this was a decent performance by Melbourn.
- 1 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 2 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Cambs and Essex academy trust wins prestigious award
- 6 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés
- 9 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 10 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation