Dynamos edged out by Stortford
Bishop’s Stortford U12s 2 Melbourn Dynamos U12s 0
Melbourn Dynamos U12s were just edged out 2-0 away to Bishop’s Stortford in what was a closely-fought match.
Athletic started the quicker and forced a couple of corners in the early stages although Dynamos defended resolutely throughout.
There were few clear-cut chances in the first half but Melbourn finished off the first half the stronger and appeared to have taken the lead just before the break, only for the linesman to raise a late flag for offside.
The second half was similar to the first but Stortford took the lead on 40 minutes after a move through the middle. They tried to build on their lead but some great defending by Lewis Chessum, Jack Morley and Ryan Lees kept the score at 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
When the defenders were beaten it was, Player of the Match, Connor Patel who denied Athletic a second goal with some quality saves.
With just a couple of minutes left Athletic doubled their lead after a bouncing ball fell kindly for their striker. There was still time for Lees to hit a ferocious shot towards the top corner only to be denied by an excellent save from the Stortford ‘keeper.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 5 Say this secret phrase and get a free pint for the first game of the Euros
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 8 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
- 9 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?
- 10 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?