Dynamos edged out by Stortford
Bishop’s Stortford U12s 2 Melbourn Dynamos U12s 0
Melbourn Dynamos U12s were just edged out 2-0 away to Bishop’s Stortford in what was a closely-fought match.
Athletic started the quicker and forced a couple of corners in the early stages although Dynamos defended resolutely throughout.
There were few clear-cut chances in the first half but Melbourn finished off the first half the stronger and appeared to have taken the lead just before the break, only for the linesman to raise a late flag for offside.
The second half was similar to the first but Stortford took the lead on 40 minutes after a move through the middle. They tried to build on their lead but some great defending by Lewis Chessum, Jack Morley and Ryan Lees kept the score at 1-0.
You may also want to watch:
When the defenders were beaten it was, Player of the Match, Connor Patel who denied Athletic a second goal with some quality saves.
With just a couple of minutes left Athletic doubled their lead after a bouncing ball fell kindly for their striker. There was still time for Lees to hit a ferocious shot towards the top corner only to be denied by an excellent save from the Stortford ‘keeper.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 4 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 9 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme