Dylan Whale fins first fight for Royston
EXCITING young boxer Dylan Whale has won his first bout for Royston ABC on Saturday after joining from Stevenage BC.
He fought J Taylor from Gold Star ABC in a good contest with both boys looking for their first win.
Dylan was the fitter of the two with a strong left-jab which enabled him to win the bout on a unanimous decision after a standing count was delivered to Taylor in the third round.
Daryl Noades also had his first bout for RABC – boxing against N Bentley from Iceni ABC. Again, the Royston boxer came out on top with his slick boxing to win by a unanimous decision from the judges.
Bill Davidson, Chairman of RABC, also welcomed two new coaches to the Club. Karl Banuise, a former professional boxer and Clayton Varley, who boxed for West Ham ABC bring with them plenty of experience and they will be sponsored next year by David Hunt.
You may also want to watch:
Five new boxers will also be joining the club next season from Bishops Stortford.
Mr Davidson says he is delighted with the new recruits and that he is excited about the future.
- 1 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 2 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 6 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 7 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 8 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
He said: “The RABC now has some promising young boxers which, together with the excellent team of coaches, should take the club from strength to strength.”