Dylan Whale fins first fight for Royston
EXCITING young boxer Dylan Whale has won his first bout for Royston ABC on Saturday after joining from Stevenage BC.
He fought J Taylor from Gold Star ABC in a good contest with both boys looking for their first win.
Dylan was the fitter of the two with a strong left-jab which enabled him to win the bout on a unanimous decision after a standing count was delivered to Taylor in the third round.
Daryl Noades also had his first bout for RABC – boxing against N Bentley from Iceni ABC. Again, the Royston boxer came out on top with his slick boxing to win by a unanimous decision from the judges.
Bill Davidson, Chairman of RABC, also welcomed two new coaches to the Club. Karl Banuise, a former professional boxer and Clayton Varley, who boxed for West Ham ABC bring with them plenty of experience and they will be sponsored next year by David Hunt.
You may also want to watch:
Five new boxers will also be joining the club next season from Bishops Stortford.
Mr Davidson says he is delighted with the new recruits and that he is excited about the future.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 8 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
He said: “The RABC now has some promising young boxers which, together with the excellent team of coaches, should take the club from strength to strength.”