Dylan Whale fins first fight for Royston
EXCITING young boxer Dylan Whale has won his first bout for Royston ABC on Saturday after joining from Stevenage BC.
He fought J Taylor from Gold Star ABC in a good contest with both boys looking for their first win.
Dylan was the fitter of the two with a strong left-jab which enabled him to win the bout on a unanimous decision after a standing count was delivered to Taylor in the third round.
Daryl Noades also had his first bout for RABC – boxing against N Bentley from Iceni ABC. Again, the Royston boxer came out on top with his slick boxing to win by a unanimous decision from the judges.
Bill Davidson, Chairman of RABC, also welcomed two new coaches to the Club. Karl Banuise, a former professional boxer and Clayton Varley, who boxed for West Ham ABC bring with them plenty of experience and they will be sponsored next year by David Hunt.
Five new boxers will also be joining the club next season from Bishops Stortford.
Mr Davidson says he is delighted with the new recruits and that he is excited about the future.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Town pays tribute to 'Mr Royston' who made huge contribution to community
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
He said: “The RABC now has some promising young boxers which, together with the excellent team of coaches, should take the club from strength to strength.”