Dyer's double win
Adam Dyer had a fine double win at Royston Golf Club,taking both the Hospital Cup Charity Stableford and the 36-hole first round of the Pulsatilla Cup. His 39 points in the Hospital Cup, which raises money for Royston Hospital, were enough to seal victo
Adam Dyer had a fine double win at Royston Golf Club,taking both the Hospital Cup Charity Stableford and the 36-hole first round of the Pulsatilla Cup.
His 39 points in the Hospital Cup, which raises money for Royston Hospital, were enough to seal victory, a point ahead of John White who took second place on countback ahead of Oli Bance and Colin Gilbert.
Kathy Musgrave won the ladies section, edging out Emma Logan and Joan Smith.
After reducing his 14 handicap by a shot, Dyer then shot nett 62 (eight under par) in the first round of the Pulsatilla Cup to take a four-stroke lead into the second round.
You may also want to watch:
County player Stuart Phillips shot an impressive gross 66, to tie second place with his regular foursomes partner Jonathan Osler.
However, Dyer continued by playing some steady golf and returned a nett 66, for a total of 128, 12 under par. Phillips shot another round under par, but it was not enough to catch the flying Dyer.
- 1 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 2 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 3 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 4 Yellow weather warning of thunderstorms in Herts
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Labour organiser criticises Labour mayor for hiring a Tory as deputy
- 7 Defibrillators: How you could save a life
- 8 Plenty of Covid vaccines available for over 23s
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
Phillips finished as runner up with a total of gross 135, nett 135. Junior Chris Trimble had a gross 69, nett 65, taking third place on countback from fellow junior Oli Bance.