Dyer's double win
Adam Dyer had a fine double win at Royston Golf Club,taking both the Hospital Cup Charity Stableford and the 36-hole first round of the Pulsatilla Cup. His 39 points in the Hospital Cup, which raises money for Royston Hospital, were enough to seal victo
Adam Dyer had a fine double win at Royston Golf Club,taking both the Hospital Cup Charity Stableford and the 36-hole first round of the Pulsatilla Cup.
His 39 points in the Hospital Cup, which raises money for Royston Hospital, were enough to seal victory, a point ahead of John White who took second place on countback ahead of Oli Bance and Colin Gilbert.
Kathy Musgrave won the ladies section, edging out Emma Logan and Joan Smith.
After reducing his 14 handicap by a shot, Dyer then shot nett 62 (eight under par) in the first round of the Pulsatilla Cup to take a four-stroke lead into the second round.
County player Stuart Phillips shot an impressive gross 66, to tie second place with his regular foursomes partner Jonathan Osler.
However, Dyer continued by playing some steady golf and returned a nett 66, for a total of 128, 12 under par. Phillips shot another round under par, but it was not enough to catch the flying Dyer.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 3 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 4 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 5 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 6 Can you complete the Census 2021 map game?
- 7 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 8 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 9 Little Seedlings workshops to teach budding gardeners this summer
- 10 Careless driver was 'using phone' when she killed Cambridge cyclist
Phillips finished as runner up with a total of gross 135, nett 135. Junior Chris Trimble had a gross 69, nett 65, taking third place on countback from fellow junior Oli Bance.