Duo set for tilt at Portugal trip
BARKWAY Park amateur Gerard Fay will team up with PGA professional Jamie Bates in Europe s largest pro-am competition, the Lombard Trophy next month and battle it out for the £80,000 prize money. The pair tee up in the regional final on June 21 at King s
BARKWAY Park amateur Gerard Fay will team up with PGA professional Jamie Bates in Europe's largest pro-am competition, the Lombard Trophy next month and battle it out for the £80,000 prize money.
The pair tee up in the regional final on June 21 at King's Lynn Golf Club.
Fay, 48, earned the chance to partner Bates by winning the club's qualifying competition last month with a nett score of 72.
Bates, 41, has been a professional at Barkway Park for the past six years.
Sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland, the Lombard Trophy is now in its 12th year, and attracts more than 100,000 golfers.
With a prize fund of nearly £80,000, including £10,000 to the winning professional, it remains Europe's largest and most prestigious pro-am event.
- 1 Tesco Community Garden to hold weekend celebration
- 2 Fowlmere residents voice objections to housing development
- 3 School to make 'wide-ranging changes' following Ofsted inspection
- 4 Chancellor and health secretary dramatically quit
- 5 Health at the Hub project launched in Melbourn
- 6 Kite Festival set to return to Royston next month
- 7 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 8 Cambridge Summer Music Festival 2022 brings world-class classical performers to Cambridgeshire
- 9 Chief of staff Steve Barclay replaces Sajid Javid as health secretary
- 10 Citizens Advice: What to do if you have issues with delayed or cancelled flights
The winners of 16 regional finals will enjoy an expenses paid trip to compete in the grand final held on the Ocean Course in Vale Do Lobo, Portugal from September 6-10.