Duo set for tilt at Portugal trip
BARKWAY Park amateur Gerard Fay will team up with PGA professional Jamie Bates in Europe s largest pro-am competition, the Lombard Trophy next month and battle it out for the £80,000 prize money. The pair tee up in the regional final on June 21 at King s
BARKWAY Park amateur Gerard Fay will team up with PGA professional Jamie Bates in Europe's largest pro-am competition, the Lombard Trophy next month and battle it out for the £80,000 prize money.
The pair tee up in the regional final on June 21 at King's Lynn Golf Club.
Fay, 48, earned the chance to partner Bates by winning the club's qualifying competition last month with a nett score of 72.
Bates, 41, has been a professional at Barkway Park for the past six years.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland, the Lombard Trophy is now in its 12th year, and attracts more than 100,000 golfers.
With a prize fund of nearly £80,000, including £10,000 to the winning professional, it remains Europe's largest and most prestigious pro-am event.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 5 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 8 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 9 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 10 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
The winners of 16 regional finals will enjoy an expenses paid trip to compete in the grand final held on the Ocean Course in Vale Do Lobo, Portugal from September 6-10.