Duo set for tilt at Portugal trip
BARKWAY Park amateur Gerard Fay will team up with PGA professional Jamie Bates in Europe s largest pro-am competition, the Lombard Trophy next month and battle it out for the £80,000 prize money. The pair tee up in the regional final on June 21 at King s
BARKWAY Park amateur Gerard Fay will team up with PGA professional Jamie Bates in Europe's largest pro-am competition, the Lombard Trophy next month and battle it out for the £80,000 prize money.
The pair tee up in the regional final on June 21 at King's Lynn Golf Club.
Fay, 48, earned the chance to partner Bates by winning the club's qualifying competition last month with a nett score of 72.
Bates, 41, has been a professional at Barkway Park for the past six years.
You may also want to watch:
Sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland, the Lombard Trophy is now in its 12th year, and attracts more than 100,000 golfers.
With a prize fund of nearly £80,000, including £10,000 to the winning professional, it remains Europe's largest and most prestigious pro-am event.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 9 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
The winners of 16 regional finals will enjoy an expenses paid trip to compete in the grand final held on the Ocean Course in Vale Do Lobo, Portugal from September 6-10.