Duo set for tilt at Portugal trip
BARKWAY Park amateur Gerard Fay will team up with PGA professional Jamie Bates in Europe s largest pro-am competition, the Lombard Trophy next month and battle it out for the £80,000 prize money. The pair tee up in the regional final on June 21 at King s
BARKWAY Park amateur Gerard Fay will team up with PGA professional Jamie Bates in Europe's largest pro-am competition, the Lombard Trophy next month and battle it out for the £80,000 prize money.
The pair tee up in the regional final on June 21 at King's Lynn Golf Club.
Fay, 48, earned the chance to partner Bates by winning the club's qualifying competition last month with a nett score of 72.
Bates, 41, has been a professional at Barkway Park for the past six years.
Sponsored by the Royal Bank of Scotland, the Lombard Trophy is now in its 12th year, and attracts more than 100,000 golfers.
With a prize fund of nearly £80,000, including £10,000 to the winning professional, it remains Europe's largest and most prestigious pro-am event.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 5 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 6 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 7 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 8 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 9 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
- 10 Town's biggest employer pays tribute to late F John Smith's 'vision and commitment'
The winners of 16 regional finals will enjoy an expenses paid trip to compete in the grand final held on the Ocean Course in Vale Do Lobo, Portugal from September 6-10.