Duo’s wins vital in Winter Series Battle
TED Dalleywater and Loui Foreman raced to secure Royston Rockets BMX Club two vital wins in the fifth round of the East Anglian Winter Series on Sunday. And it was one of the club s youngest competitors who started the day in style with under-seven rider
TED Dalleywater and Loui Foreman raced to secure Royston Rockets BMX Club two vital wins in the fifth round of the East Anglian Winter Series on Sunday.
And it was one of the club's youngest competitors who started the day in style with under-seven rider Ted Dalleywater winning the Formula 5 A final in commanding fashion and ahead of teammates Marmaduke Birt and James King who finished third and seventh respectively.
In the B final Loui Foreman continued the success with another first place finish for Royston, and just edging out Archie Yorke who finished second.
The Rockets had five youngsters in the Formula 4 race for under-10s, with Bradan Blanche taking a hard earned second place finish in the A final, ahead of third-placed Zak Foreman, fifth-placed Daniel Blanche and seventh-placed Josh Peters.
You may also want to watch:
While in the B final Matthew Harris finished third, while in the A final of the Formula 3 event Aaron Dalleywater took a deserved second-placed finish, with Ethan Vernon finishing eighth.
In the Formula 1 finals, for riders over the age of 17, The Rockets were again out in force with six representatives taking part.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 3 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 8 Comedy festival IS going ahead - with Covid-safe measures in place
- 9 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 10 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
Lee Alexander raced to third place in the A Final, coming in just ahead of Richard Townsend and Katie Roberts who finished fourth and eighth respectively.
In the B Final, Jonathan Roberts claimed third place, with Darren Foreman finishing seventh and youngster James Handleigh coming home in eighth place.
Action continues for Royston Rockets on Sunday with the final round of the East Anglian Winter Series taking place at the Peterborough race track.
N The Rockets will be hosting the East Anglia Spring Classic at their track in Burns Road on Sunday, April 6, the first event of the summer season.
For more details visit www.roystonrockets.co.uk, or ring 01763 260959.