Duo get among the medals at High Wycombe
MELBOURN Judo Club won silver and bronze medals at the prestigious Northern Home Counties (age banded) competition at High Wycombe at the weekend. Emma Reid, who won silver at the National Championships six weeks ago, lost her first contest, but came bac
MELBOURN Judo Club won silver and bronze medals at the prestigious Northern Home Counties (age banded) competition at High Wycombe at the weekend.
Emma Reid, who won silver at the National Championships six weeks ago, lost her first contest, but came back in tremendous form to win her next three contests to take silver in the girls under-44 kilo category.
Megan Sorensen, in the girls under-63 kilo group, had seven potential opponents. She too lost her first contest against a formidable opponent six grades her senior from leading club Camberley,.
However, she put things right to win her next three fights for a deserved bronze.
You may also want to watch:
Last weekend at Royston Leisure Centre more than 50 members enjoyed a "funday", with games.
This weekend, with the last session of what has been a great year for the club, members will reflect on a series of medal wins that include a national silver and a northern home counties gold.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 10 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
Another highlight of the year was the achievement of Sport England Clubmark accreditation for meeting high standards in "the playing programme", child protection, sports equity, and ethics and club management.