Duo celebrate club titles victories
MATT Fellingham and Kathy Betts have been crowned the men s and ladies Royston Tennis Club champions after another highly contested tournament. Betts saw off Christine Knight in a close two-set win, beating the ladies captain 6-3, 7-5. Fellingham won a
MATT Fellingham and Kathy Betts have been crowned the men's and ladies' Royston Tennis Club champions after another highly contested tournament.
Betts saw off Christine Knight in a close two-set win, beating the ladies captain 6-3, 7-5.
Fellingham won a very exciting men's final despite losing the first set to Andy Holmes 7-5.
However, Fellingham hit back to take the second set 7-5, before pulling out the stops to take a deserved third set with a 6-3 win.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile, the club resumed its Winter League action with a number of impressive results.
The ladies beat Cocks & Hens 7-1 at home, with Pru Burton, Christine Knight, Emma Daintrey, and Karim Lambert on fine form.
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 4 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 5 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 6 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
- 7 Award-winning CADS production at Royston Arts Festival
- 8 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Charlie and Stan slapstick homage riffs on the pair's clowning skills at Cambridge Arts Theatre
The men's team also won 7-1, against Saffron Walden II, with Matt Fellingham, Andy Holmes, Richard Fosbeary, and Mike Fellingham claiming the points.
The mixed first team also registered a win with a 5-3 victory against University Press, while the mixed second team also won 5-3 away to St Neots.
The mixed third team were not so fortunate however, and went down at home against a strong Huntingdon II.
The club's juniors had to settle for a share of the spoils in their match, with a 3-3 draw with Broxbourne, as Emily Griffin, Bonnie Townsend, Nathan O'Looney, and Alex Wilson worked hard for the result.