Dunsford stunner seals it for Morden
Eaton Socon 1 Steeple Morden 2 STEEPLE Morden picked up all three points in their opening BIS League Division 3A match. From the start, Steeple played with flowing, sharp football. After seven minutes, Jamie Murphy linked up with Jim Edey on the edge o
Eaton Socon 1
Steeple Morden 2
STEEPLE Morden picked up all three points in their opening BIS League Division 3A match.
From the start, Steeple played with flowing, sharp football.
You may also want to watch:
After seven minutes, Jamie Murphy linked up with Jim Edey on the edge of the Eaton box and drove the ball into the top corner to give the visitors the lead.
Edey almost made it two moments later when his close range effort cannoned back off the post, while Ben Holt menaced the back four at every opportunity.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 6 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 7 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 8 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
After 35 minutes Charlie Prothero pressured an Eaton defender into losing possession, freeing Roy Dunsford 20 yards from goal.
And Dunsford did the rest, producing a sublime finish that left the hosts' keeper floundering.
In the second half Steeple continued to dominate and Dom Holt was unlucky to see a deft chip strike the post.
With 15 minutes remaining, the hosts grabbed a goal, which thanks to the solid defending of Paul Hutley was only ever going to be a consolation.
- Steeple face division pacesetters Fulbourn at home on Saturday.
Steeple Morden: Tidey; Hutley, Bown, Collins, Donald; Murphy, D Holt, Prothero, Dunsford (Pennell); Edey (Parr), B Holt