Dunsford stunner seals it for Morden
Eaton Socon 1 Steeple Morden 2 STEEPLE Morden picked up all three points in their opening BIS League Division 3A match. From the start, Steeple played with flowing, sharp football. After seven minutes, Jamie Murphy linked up with Jim Edey on the edge o
Eaton Socon 1
Steeple Morden 2
STEEPLE Morden picked up all three points in their opening BIS League Division 3A match.
From the start, Steeple played with flowing, sharp football.
You may also want to watch:
After seven minutes, Jamie Murphy linked up with Jim Edey on the edge of the Eaton box and drove the ball into the top corner to give the visitors the lead.
Edey almost made it two moments later when his close range effort cannoned back off the post, while Ben Holt menaced the back four at every opportunity.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 3 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
After 35 minutes Charlie Prothero pressured an Eaton defender into losing possession, freeing Roy Dunsford 20 yards from goal.
And Dunsford did the rest, producing a sublime finish that left the hosts' keeper floundering.
In the second half Steeple continued to dominate and Dom Holt was unlucky to see a deft chip strike the post.
With 15 minutes remaining, the hosts grabbed a goal, which thanks to the solid defending of Paul Hutley was only ever going to be a consolation.
- Steeple face division pacesetters Fulbourn at home on Saturday.
Steeple Morden: Tidey; Hutley, Bown, Collins, Donald; Murphy, D Holt, Prothero, Dunsford (Pennell); Edey (Parr), B Holt