Drage seals victory
Hertford 3 Royston 4 ROYSTON began the new hockey season with a win over Hertford. The away side started brightly and went ahead through a goal from Nick Ross. Royston had chances to extend their lead but were pegged back when the home side bundled the
Hertford 3 Royston 4
ROYSTON began the new hockey season with a win over Hertford.
The away side started brightly and went ahead through a goal from Nick Ross.
Royston had chances to extend their lead but were pegged back when the home side bundled the pall past the visiting defence.
The visitors struggled to regain control of the game, and after Hertford made some tactical changes, the home team got a second just before half-time.
Royston remained confident despite the setback, only to go further behind when Hertford converted a penalty, five minuets into the second half.
- 1 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 2 8,000 homes plan criticised over ‘hidden green belt destruction’
- 3 Supermarkets issue urgent product recall after salmonella found in products
- 4 MPs respond to lockdown drinks party scandal
- 5 'Simply amazing' - dad's life saved by air ambulance after mystery seizure
- 6 Two North Herts councillors sent council tax summons
- 7 EastEnders' Adam Woodyatt and Laurie Brett reunited on stage in Looking Good Dead at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 8 Fire crews tackle M11 car blaze
- 9 Missing woman from Royston found
- 10 Partygate is a kick in the teeth for South Cambs residents, says Lib Dem candidate
However Royston replied quickly with a well worked short corner converted by Graham Mack.
Royston, now holding most of the possession soon equalised as captain Andy Drage pushed forward and lifted the ball over the Hertford keeper.
Although a draw looked the likely outcome Royston still pushed for the victory, which came via a second from man-of-the-match Drage.