Drage seals victory
Hertford 3 Royston 4 ROYSTON began the new hockey season with a win over Hertford. The away side started brightly and went ahead through a goal from Nick Ross. Royston had chances to extend their lead but were pegged back when the home side bundled the
Hertford 3 Royston 4
ROYSTON began the new hockey season with a win over Hertford.
The away side started brightly and went ahead through a goal from Nick Ross.
Royston had chances to extend their lead but were pegged back when the home side bundled the pall past the visiting defence.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors struggled to regain control of the game, and after Hertford made some tactical changes, the home team got a second just before half-time.
Royston remained confident despite the setback, only to go further behind when Hertford converted a penalty, five minuets into the second half.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 5 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 6 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 9 Hertfordshire's adult social care workers honoured at award ceremony
- 10 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
However Royston replied quickly with a well worked short corner converted by Graham Mack.
Royston, now holding most of the possession soon equalised as captain Andy Drage pushed forward and lifted the ball over the Hertford keeper.
Although a draw looked the likely outcome Royston still pushed for the victory, which came via a second from man-of-the-match Drage.