Drage seals victory
Hertford 3 Royston 4 ROYSTON began the new hockey season with a win over Hertford. The away side started brightly and went ahead through a goal from Nick Ross. Royston had chances to extend their lead but were pegged back when the home side bundled the
Hertford 3 Royston 4
ROYSTON began the new hockey season with a win over Hertford.
The away side started brightly and went ahead through a goal from Nick Ross.
Royston had chances to extend their lead but were pegged back when the home side bundled the pall past the visiting defence.
You may also want to watch:
The visitors struggled to regain control of the game, and after Hertford made some tactical changes, the home team got a second just before half-time.
Royston remained confident despite the setback, only to go further behind when Hertford converted a penalty, five minuets into the second half.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 5 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 6 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 7 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 8 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
However Royston replied quickly with a well worked short corner converted by Graham Mack.
Royston, now holding most of the possession soon equalised as captain Andy Drage pushed forward and lifted the ball over the Hertford keeper.
Although a draw looked the likely outcome Royston still pushed for the victory, which came via a second from man-of-the-match Drage.