Drage and Arnopp promoted
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Judo Club have had two assistant instructors promoted.
Richard Drage and Brian Arnopp, who have been assistants at the club and have trained there for many years, are now both promoted to 4th Dan.
Geoff Klein, sensei of the club, said: “This comes after a lot of hard work, commitment and dedication and both are well deserved promotions.
“I am due to leave the area in a few months’ time having run Bassingbourn Judo Club since 1981.
“I have enjoyed teaching so many people over those years and made a lot of friends locally and in other areas around the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Fortunately the club will be continuing on under the new sensei of Richard Drage, assisted by Brian Anopp and Terry McKinnell, and I wish them and the club well for the future.
“On one particular note the club has gained several new girl members recently, which is very encouraging.”
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 6 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?