Drage and Arnopp promoted
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Judo Club have had two assistant instructors promoted.
Richard Drage and Brian Arnopp, who have been assistants at the club and have trained there for many years, are now both promoted to 4th Dan.
Geoff Klein, sensei of the club, said: “This comes after a lot of hard work, commitment and dedication and both are well deserved promotions.
“I am due to leave the area in a few months’ time having run Bassingbourn Judo Club since 1981.
“I have enjoyed teaching so many people over those years and made a lot of friends locally and in other areas around the country.
You may also want to watch:
“Fortunately the club will be continuing on under the new sensei of Richard Drage, assisted by Brian Anopp and Terry McKinnell, and I wish them and the club well for the future.
“On one particular note the club has gained several new girl members recently, which is very encouraging.”
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 4 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 7 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre