Drage and Arnopp promoted
- Credit: Archant
Bassingbourn Judo Club have had two assistant instructors promoted.
Richard Drage and Brian Arnopp, who have been assistants at the club and have trained there for many years, are now both promoted to 4th Dan.
Geoff Klein, sensei of the club, said: “This comes after a lot of hard work, commitment and dedication and both are well deserved promotions.
“I am due to leave the area in a few months’ time having run Bassingbourn Judo Club since 1981.
“I have enjoyed teaching so many people over those years and made a lot of friends locally and in other areas around the country.
“Fortunately the club will be continuing on under the new sensei of Richard Drage, assisted by Brian Anopp and Terry McKinnell, and I wish them and the club well for the future.
“On one particular note the club has gained several new girl members recently, which is very encouraging.”
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 7 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 8 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Citizens Advice: Getting your budget back on track