Doubles delight for Gibson and Muddiman on Royston Tennis Club finals day
- Credit: Archant
Della Gibson and Sally Muddiman emerged victorious against Helen Carnaghan and Christine Knight 7-6. 6-4 in Royston Tennis Club ladies’ doubles championship final last Saturday.
Carnaghan and Knight had a good
start in the first set and were 5-2 up when their opponents pulled it back to win the first set in a tie-break.
The second set was neck and neck at 4-4, when Gibson and Muddiman rallied to take the next two games and win the championship in straight sets.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities.
You may also want to watch:
New members can try a
free session and meet the players.
- 1 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 2 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 3 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 4 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 5 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 6 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 7 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
- 8 Network Rail seeks green light for Cambridge South station
- 9 Socially-distanced festival is a welcome return to pre-pandemic good times
- 10 'If I lived three miles away the obstacles would've been lower' - Councillor calls for IVF to be reinstated in Cambs
All standards are catered for and the club runs coaching courses for all ages and abilities.
For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk. You can also find Royston Tennis Club on Facebook.