Doubles delight for Gibson and Muddiman on Royston Tennis Club finals day
- Credit: Archant
Della Gibson and Sally Muddiman emerged victorious against Helen Carnaghan and Christine Knight 7-6. 6-4 in Royston Tennis Club ladies’ doubles championship final last Saturday.
Carnaghan and Knight had a good
start in the first set and were 5-2 up when their opponents pulled it back to win the first set in a tie-break.
The second set was neck and neck at 4-4, when Gibson and Muddiman rallied to take the next two games and win the championship in straight sets.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities.
New members can try a
free session and meet the players.
- 1 Fine issued after rubbish fly-tipped in country lane
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 9 Royston Golf Club donates £1,000 to hospice
- 10 MPs remain silent on whether they have confidence in PM
All standards are catered for and the club runs coaching courses for all ages and abilities.
For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk. You can also find Royston Tennis Club on Facebook.