Doubles delight for Gibson and Muddiman on Royston Tennis Club finals day
- Credit: Archant
Della Gibson and Sally Muddiman emerged victorious against Helen Carnaghan and Christine Knight 7-6. 6-4 in Royston Tennis Club ladies’ doubles championship final last Saturday.
Carnaghan and Knight had a good
start in the first set and were 5-2 up when their opponents pulled it back to win the first set in a tie-break.
The second set was neck and neck at 4-4, when Gibson and Muddiman rallied to take the next two games and win the championship in straight sets.
Royston Tennis Club welcomes new members and operates a full LTA tennis programme of coaching, matches and tournaments for mini, junior, adult and veteran players of all abilities.
You may also want to watch:
New members can try a
free session and meet the players.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 6 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 7 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 8 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
All standards are catered for and the club runs coaching courses for all ages and abilities.
For more information, visit www.roystontennis.co.uk. You can also find Royston Tennis Club on Facebook.