Double joy for Griffin
Two drivers were quick off the grid, both securing victories in their first event of the new season. Brett Griffin and Damien Ridgen, racing for Royston s Griffin Motorsport, both took first place in their respective classes at the Woodbridge Rally Sprint
Two drivers were quick off the grid, both securing victories in their first event of the new season.
Brett Griffin and Damien Ridgen, racing for Royston's Griffin Motorsport, both took first place in their respective classes at the Woodbridge Rally Sprint.
They mastered the course at Woodbridge's MoD base, Griffin also taking second spot and Ridgen seventh overall.
Griffin said "It is a great start to the year and we hope we can keep it up."
You may also want to watch:
The event consisted of eight races, snaking around hangars and runways on a wet and slippery track.
With Griffin driving a 106 GT and Ridgen in an N'duro Proton, each co-piloting for the other, consistent performances saw them challenge for the lead from the off.
- 1 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 2 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 3 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 4 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 5 Hotel has everything you need for a relaxing staycation
- 6 PM set to announce postponement of lockdown easing today
- 7 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 8 Royston arson: Police renew appeal after flats fire
- 9 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 10 Sign up to village duathlon and raise funds for Home-Start
Griffin said: "On stage 7, it was all going well until we slid a bit wide on a corner and hit a small stump, which punctured a tyre, but we managed to carry on to the end of the stage, not losing much time.