Double joy for Griffin
Two drivers were quick off the grid, both securing victories in their first event of the new season. Brett Griffin and Damien Ridgen, racing for Royston s Griffin Motorsport, both took first place in their respective classes at the Woodbridge Rally Sprint
Two drivers were quick off the grid, both securing victories in their first event of the new season.
Brett Griffin and Damien Ridgen, racing for Royston's Griffin Motorsport, both took first place in their respective classes at the Woodbridge Rally Sprint.
They mastered the course at Woodbridge's MoD base, Griffin also taking second spot and Ridgen seventh overall.
Griffin said "It is a great start to the year and we hope we can keep it up."
You may also want to watch:
The event consisted of eight races, snaking around hangars and runways on a wet and slippery track.
With Griffin driving a 106 GT and Ridgen in an N'duro Proton, each co-piloting for the other, consistent performances saw them challenge for the lead from the off.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 7 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 8 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 9 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 10 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
Griffin said: "On stage 7, it was all going well until we slid a bit wide on a corner and hit a small stump, which punctured a tyre, but we managed to carry on to the end of the stage, not losing much time.