Double joy for Griffin
Two drivers were quick off the grid, both securing victories in their first event of the new season. Brett Griffin and Damien Ridgen, racing for Royston s Griffin Motorsport, both took first place in their respective classes at the Woodbridge Rally Sprint
Two drivers were quick off the grid, both securing victories in their first event of the new season.
Brett Griffin and Damien Ridgen, racing for Royston's Griffin Motorsport, both took first place in their respective classes at the Woodbridge Rally Sprint.
They mastered the course at Woodbridge's MoD base, Griffin also taking second spot and Ridgen seventh overall.
Griffin said "It is a great start to the year and we hope we can keep it up."
The event consisted of eight races, snaking around hangars and runways on a wet and slippery track.
With Griffin driving a 106 GT and Ridgen in an N'duro Proton, each co-piloting for the other, consistent performances saw them challenge for the lead from the off.
- 1 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 2 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 3 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 9 Herts, camera, action! Turning film fantasy into reality with new screen tourism development programme
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
Griffin said: "On stage 7, it was all going well until we slid a bit wide on a corner and hit a small stump, which punctured a tyre, but we managed to carry on to the end of the stage, not losing much time.