Double joy for Greneway
GRENEWAY School’s Year 5 & 6 girls’ football team booked their place in the county finals after winning the annual North Herts Schools’ seven-a-side tournament at Meridian School recently for the fourth consecutive year.
An opening 2-0 win against St Marys was followed up with victory over Roysia in the final thanks to goals from Abby Laughlin, Aimee Holden and Abby Maguire.
Greneway: Parcell, Hallewell, Needham, Holden (c), Potthaust, Harrington, Hadley-Charter, Racher, Laughlin, Maguire.
Meanwhile Greneway’s boys’ table tennis team booked their place in the county finals after coming out on top in the district championships for the fourth year in a row.
The girls’ team also performed well but had to settle for second place behind Puckeridge’s Ralph Saddlier School.
You may also want to watch:
Boys’ team: Connor Sandford, James Edwards, Laurie Brewster, Jospeh Simon.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment
- 10 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity