Double joy for Greneway
GRENEWAY School’s Year 5 & 6 girls’ football team booked their place in the county finals after winning the annual North Herts Schools’ seven-a-side tournament at Meridian School recently for the fourth consecutive year.
An opening 2-0 win against St Marys was followed up with victory over Roysia in the final thanks to goals from Abby Laughlin, Aimee Holden and Abby Maguire.
Greneway: Parcell, Hallewell, Needham, Holden (c), Potthaust, Harrington, Hadley-Charter, Racher, Laughlin, Maguire.
Meanwhile Greneway’s boys’ table tennis team booked their place in the county finals after coming out on top in the district championships for the fourth year in a row.
The girls’ team also performed well but had to settle for second place behind Puckeridge’s Ralph Saddlier School.
You may also want to watch:
Boys’ team: Connor Sandford, James Edwards, Laurie Brewster, Jospeh Simon.
- 1 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 2 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 3 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 6 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 7 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Hunt the hearts at town trail to raise money for charity
- 10 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show