Double defeat for Royston Golf Club in Bank Holiday clashes
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club suffered a double setback this week as both the club and scratch teams were defeated in matches.
Scott Parnell captained the scratch team at home to Chesfield Downs, and despite a brave comeback in the afternoon singles they ended up on the wrong end of a 7-5 result.
Meanwhile, club captain Nigel Thomas and match organiser Martyn Ingram were the only pair to win their fourball in the 3-1 defeat at St Ives.
The Saturday Swindle saw a close-fought finish with Tim Moss edging out Alan Saunders on count-back to win with 37 points. Four golfers scored 36 points with Darren Ellis pipping Paul Lewis for third.
On Sunday, the club held a three-person team event which was won by Chris Little, Andrew Greville-Smith and Ryan MacDonald with a total of 79 points.
You may also want to watch:
Stewart Hart, Clive Middlemass and Lee Bonney were second with 74.
- 1 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 Spitfires and more... IWM Duxford prepares for 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 4 14 Spitfires to take to the skies at IWM Duxford's 2021 Battle of Britain Air Show
- 5 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 6 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 7 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 8 Wellbeing gardens opened at Lister in memory of much-loved colleague Marilyn
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Hospitality Action Day: Some of your favourite local pubs, restaurants and cafés