Double defeat for Royston Golf Club in Bank Holiday clashes
- Credit: Archant
Royston Golf Club suffered a double setback this week as both the club and scratch teams were defeated in matches.
Scott Parnell captained the scratch team at home to Chesfield Downs, and despite a brave comeback in the afternoon singles they ended up on the wrong end of a 7-5 result.
Meanwhile, club captain Nigel Thomas and match organiser Martyn Ingram were the only pair to win their fourball in the 3-1 defeat at St Ives.
The Saturday Swindle saw a close-fought finish with Tim Moss edging out Alan Saunders on count-back to win with 37 points. Four golfers scored 36 points with Darren Ellis pipping Paul Lewis for third.
On Sunday, the club held a three-person team event which was won by Chris Little, Andrew Greville-Smith and Ryan MacDonald with a total of 79 points.
You may also want to watch:
Stewart Hart, Clive Middlemass and Lee Bonney were second with 74.
- 1 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
- 2 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
- 3 Mayor ‘wantonly diverted’ £40m of housing cash
- 4 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 5 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 6 Village leader awarded BEM for community centre build and more
- 7 Could you help preserve ponds in Reed?
- 8 Agricultural expert 'over the moon' with MBE
- 9 Community stalwart who led national effort to help navy veterans during pandemic receives BEM
- 10 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College