Dogged Muir’s battle proves all in vain
Baldock s match against Cheshunt was another victim of the weather. Julian Muir made a gritty 43 for Baldock, but his teammates struggled and they were all out for a disappointing 131 from 39 overs. The Cheshunt reply started slowly, and they had reached
Baldock's match against Cheshunt was another victim of the weather.
Julian Muir made a gritty 43 for Baldock, but his teammates struggled and they were all out for a disappointing 131 from 39 overs.
The Cheshunt reply started slowly, and they had reached 23 without loss off ten overs when the heavens opened, causing the match to be abandoned as a draw.
Baldock's next game is against Millhillians.
Meanwhile Baldock's Sunday team secured just their second win of the season against fellow strugglers Therfield.
Therfield were put into bat, and their top order were quickly sent back to the pavilion by some accurate bowling from Logan Newman and Alistair Jones.
- 1 New cops truck catches out law-breaking drivers in successful week
- 2 Man sentenced for handling stolen goods - including designer watch, clothes and laptop
- 3 Drug dealer jailed after being found with heroin and crack cocaine
- 4 Goalkeeper with incurable brain tumour overwhelmed by fundraiser response
- 5 Ian Stewart 'appeared odd' at wife Diane's funeral, court hears
- 6 Cyclist in hospital with life-threatening injuries after crash
- 7 Bank cards, electrical items and jewellery stolen in burglary
- 8 Jail for fraudulent accountant who tried to steal £200k of employer’s money
- 9 Face coverings no longer mandatory indoors as England returns to Plan A
- 10 Ian Stewart murder trial: Diane 'suffered lack of oxygen for up to an hour'
With wickets continuing to fall at regular intervals, Therfield reached a total of 77 all out off 27 overs.
Newman finished with figures of 3-11, while Jones picked up 2-16.
Baldock started their reply in a steady fashion, and they reached their total of 78 for the loss of three wickets inside 27 overs.
A dogged partnership between Simon Goodlad (15 not out) and Paul Gentle (12 not out) saw them home.
This Sunday they face a much tougher test in the form of all-conquering Holwell.