Dogged Muir’s battle proves all in vain
Baldock s match against Cheshunt was another victim of the weather. Julian Muir made a gritty 43 for Baldock, but his teammates struggled and they were all out for a disappointing 131 from 39 overs. The Cheshunt reply started slowly, and they had reached
Baldock's match against Cheshunt was another victim of the weather.
Julian Muir made a gritty 43 for Baldock, but his teammates struggled and they were all out for a disappointing 131 from 39 overs.
The Cheshunt reply started slowly, and they had reached 23 without loss off ten overs when the heavens opened, causing the match to be abandoned as a draw.
Baldock's next game is against Millhillians.
You may also want to watch:
Meanwhile Baldock's Sunday team secured just their second win of the season against fellow strugglers Therfield.
Therfield were put into bat, and their top order were quickly sent back to the pavilion by some accurate bowling from Logan Newman and Alistair Jones.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 3 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 4 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 5 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 6 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 7 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 8 Bassingbourn reverse trend of losses at Helions Bumpstead with fine win
- 9 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 10 Royston Kite Festival decision 'under review' as lockdown extended
With wickets continuing to fall at regular intervals, Therfield reached a total of 77 all out off 27 overs.
Newman finished with figures of 3-11, while Jones picked up 2-16.
Baldock started their reply in a steady fashion, and they reached their total of 78 for the loss of three wickets inside 27 overs.
A dogged partnership between Simon Goodlad (15 not out) and Paul Gentle (12 not out) saw them home.
This Sunday they face a much tougher test in the form of all-conquering Holwell.