Diver Dan Goodfellow to partner Olympic and Splash star Tom Daley at National Cup
- Credit: ALEX WHITEHEAD/SWPIX.COM
Teenage Meldreth diver Dan Goodfellow is set to partner London 2012 Olympic Games bronze medallist Tom Daley in the 3m synchro at this weekend’s British Gas National Cup 2014.
Goodfellow, aged 17, won gold in the 10m platform at the European Junior Diving Championships and secured a bronze at the British Diving Championships.
The high profile Daley is on the lookout for a new synchro partner after Peter Waterfield retired last year.
Goodfellow will dive with Daley, a mentor on ITV’s Saturday night celebrity diving show Splash, in the National Cup with is being held at the Southend Swimming and Diving Centre.
Earlier this month, Daley told the BBC: “I’ll be doing the 3m synchro event at the nationals with Dan and then maybe, leading into the Commonwealths, we can look at the 10m.
You may also want to watch:
“Dan is still quite young and needs to learn another dive, but we have done a few tests from five metres and it is looking good.”
As well as the 3m synchro event in Essex, Goodfellow, who last year moved to the south west to join the famed Plymouth Diving Club, is set to compete in the men’s platform and 10m synchro alongside Matthew Lee.
- 1 Flasher who attacked officers appears in court
- 2 Have you seen missing parrot Charlie?
- 3 New bus and cycle shelters to help bring sustainable travel to town
- 4 Students' work featured in online art exhibition
- 5 Freedom Day: More than half of Herts residents welcome delay to lockdown easing
- 6 MBE is an incredible honour, says Lister nurse Lizzie
- 7 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 8 Royal Ascot: ones to watch on final day
- 9 Eight picture-perfect picnic spots across East Anglia
- 10 Two lorry crash blocks part of A14 in Cambridgeshire
Tickets will not be available to the public for this event, however updates will be available through the British Swimming website.