Fine efforts but disappointing results for Royston Rugby Club
- Credit: Archant
It was a disappointing weekend for Royston Rugby Club which began with a 27-20 defeat for the men at home to Harrow
Their first match of the London Three North West season, Royston led 10-7 at the break after a try from Euan Rees, converted by Will Dacey who then added a penalty.
Adam Smith added a penalty early in the second half and he kicked a conversion as well after George Elbourn's try, a score which featured a fine run by newcomer Will Ouldridge.
But after leading 20-17 with 15 minutes to go, a penalty levelled the scores and Harrow won it late on with a converted try.
The second team also lost at home to St Albans 3rds, Ben Ireland scoring for them, and the ladies also suffered, losing 36-5 to Risborough.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the match Jaz Devereux made some bone-crunching tackles and there were great runs from Hayley Forest and Georgia Timms but Beth Greenie Fletcher's try was a mere consolation.
- 1 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 2 Barley Flower Tower to be cut into pieces!
- 3 In pictures: The Battle of Britain Air Show 2021 at IWM Duxford
- 4 Teacher raises more than £3,000 with charity run in mother's memory
- 5 New app allows passengers to order bus to virtual stops
- 6 This Hound could run and and run... Sherlock Holmes play was 'a fun evening'
- 7 22-year-old sentenced for criminal damage in Melbourn
- 8 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre