Fine efforts but disappointing results for Royston Rugby Club
- Credit: Archant
It was a disappointing weekend for Royston Rugby Club which began with a 27-20 defeat for the men at home to Harrow
Their first match of the London Three North West season, Royston led 10-7 at the break after a try from Euan Rees, converted by Will Dacey who then added a penalty.
Adam Smith added a penalty early in the second half and he kicked a conversion as well after George Elbourn's try, a score which featured a fine run by newcomer Will Ouldridge.
But after leading 20-17 with 15 minutes to go, a penalty levelled the scores and Harrow won it late on with a converted try.
The second team also lost at home to St Albans 3rds, Ben Ireland scoring for them, and the ladies also suffered, losing 36-5 to Risborough.
You may also want to watch:
Player of the match Jaz Devereux made some bone-crunching tackles and there were great runs from Hayley Forest and Georgia Timms but Beth Greenie Fletcher's try was a mere consolation.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 4 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 5 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 8 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements