Disappointing display away at Bedford
ROYSTON Town suffered their first defeat of pre-season on Tuesday night away at Bedford.
ROYSTON Town suffered their first defeat of pre-season on Tuesday night away at Bedford losing 3-2.
Overall, the showing was not what manager Paul Attfield would have wanted as the squad gave a largely disjointed performance.
There were a few good moments, with Royston starting the game well and having their best period of the game in the opening 20 minutes.
Carl Edwards scored a good goal when he finished a fine move after six minutes and there were other chances to extend the lead.
You may also want to watch:
Bedford worked hard, though, and gradually imposed themselves on the match and scored twice within a minute just before half time – both coming from right-wing crosses.
Royston surprisingly struggled to pass the ball which left them open to a large number of counter attacks and the main bulk of the second half was very open and stretched.
- 1 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 4 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 7 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 10 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
One such counter attack lead to a third Bedford goal midway through the second period before Crows ‘keeper Luke Howard saved a penalty to prevent a fourth goal.
Edwards scored his and Royston’s second goal, converting a left-wing cross to complete the scoring but despite a large number of absentees for this game, there will be more questions than answers from a disappointing show from the team.
Royston: Jorden Gibson, Lewis Endacott, Danny Apostolos, David Cain, Nick Mulvaney, Arron Welch, Carl Edwards, Ricky Young, George Brinkman, Ryan Lockett, Jan Stephens, Tom Whitaker, Aaron Harvey, Luke Howard, Danny Payne, Ross Collins, Luke Robins.