Depleted Royston suffer on Park visit
- Credit: Archant
A weakened Royston side travelled away to Belsize Park on Saturday and were made to pay for missing so many regulars as they were beaten 69-10 in Herts/Middlesex One.
With four first team players missing due to a wedding and another falling ill due to a sickness bug Royston were unable to field a full strength side.
However, whereas in the past Royston may not have been able to fulfil a fixture in these circumstances due to the strength of depth they were able to field a makeshift side.
In truth Royston were never really in the game, conceding tries early on to set a precedent for the game.
Despite the score there were some positives for Royston to take away.
You may also want to watch:
These were the performance of George Elbourn who played excellently throughout the game and the a converted try from Michael Schurch who was filling in at fly half for the injured Will Cottrell.
On Saturday Royston will be hoping to be back to full strength against Haringey Rhinos.
- 1 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 2 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 5 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 6 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 7 Malaysian-style Fens home leaves Grand Designs viewers in awe
- 8 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 9 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 10 Strictly Come Dancing champion to Dial M for Murder in Cambridge