Depleted Royston suffer on Park visit
- Credit: Archant
A weakened Royston side travelled away to Belsize Park on Saturday and were made to pay for missing so many regulars as they were beaten 69-10 in Herts/Middlesex One.
With four first team players missing due to a wedding and another falling ill due to a sickness bug Royston were unable to field a full strength side.
However, whereas in the past Royston may not have been able to fulfil a fixture in these circumstances due to the strength of depth they were able to field a makeshift side.
In truth Royston were never really in the game, conceding tries early on to set a precedent for the game.
Despite the score there were some positives for Royston to take away.
You may also want to watch:
These were the performance of George Elbourn who played excellently throughout the game and the a converted try from Michael Schurch who was filling in at fly half for the injured Will Cottrell.
On Saturday Royston will be hoping to be back to full strength against Haringey Rhinos.
- 1 Motorhome and car involved in A505 crash
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Hotel on Duxford IWM site given go-ahead after council re-vote
- 4 Ski trip interest 'peaks' at Melbourn Village College
- 5 Do you think 'Freedom Day' should go ahead on June 21?
- 6 Raise the roof! Church lead replaced two years on from theft
- 7 Have you visited the Orwell Clunch Pit? New sign tells of unique site's significance
- 8 Magpas chief executive 'surprised and honoured' by MBE
- 9 Flying day at IWM Duxford commemorates 77th anniversary of D-Day
- 10 How do North East Herts and South Cambs fare in the latest boundary review proposals?