Depleted Royston suffer on Park visit
- Credit: Archant
A weakened Royston side travelled away to Belsize Park on Saturday and were made to pay for missing so many regulars as they were beaten 69-10 in Herts/Middlesex One.
With four first team players missing due to a wedding and another falling ill due to a sickness bug Royston were unable to field a full strength side.
However, whereas in the past Royston may not have been able to fulfil a fixture in these circumstances due to the strength of depth they were able to field a makeshift side.
In truth Royston were never really in the game, conceding tries early on to set a precedent for the game.
Despite the score there were some positives for Royston to take away.
You may also want to watch:
These were the performance of George Elbourn who played excellently throughout the game and the a converted try from Michael Schurch who was filling in at fly half for the injured Will Cottrell.
On Saturday Royston will be hoping to be back to full strength against Haringey Rhinos.
- 1 Two arrested after drugs raid in Bassingbourn
- 2 Mass vaccine centre opening marks 'big step forward' in beating COVID-19
- 3 Is lockdown working in Herts? Here's what the latest data tells us
- 4 Granta surgeries deliver COVID-19 vaccinations
- 5 Fraudster jailed after £60,000 shopping spree
- 6 'Heavy snow' expected across Hertfordshire from tomorrow
- 7 Wonder Woman flies into IWM Duxford for movie scenes
- 8 Make the A505 Safer: Improvement works to continue in 2021
- 9 Isthmian League reveal why they want to terminate non-league football 'at the earliest opportunity'
- 10 A mental health first aider offers advice on coping during lockdown