Depleted Panthers lose to Hitchin
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s 1 Hitchin Youth 12
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s were beaten 12-1 by Hitchin Youth in a match in which they were only able to field nine players.
The first half was one-way traffic with Melbourn unable to put together any threatening attacks. Hitchin notched up eight goals without reply despite some resolute defending from Ryan Lees and a couple of quality saves from Connor Patel in the Panthers goal.
To their credit Panthers came out in spirited fashion in the second half as Luke Eades, Sam Austin and Robbie Dingwell all linked up well to create some good openings.
Hitchin scored their ninth before Austin converted a penalty after he was tripped in the area.
You may also want to watch:
A few more chances went begging for Panthers but Hitchin continued to make the most of the extra two players by scoring three more late in the game. All nine players should be proud of themselves for not letting their heads drop.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 5 Limes Communal Rooms to become Bassingbourn's village hall
- 6 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 7 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 8 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 9 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 10 Broadband speeds 15x faster than average set to arrive thanks to major investment