Depleted Panthers lose to Hitchin
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s 1 Hitchin Youth 12
Melbourn Dynamos Panthers U12s were beaten 12-1 by Hitchin Youth in a match in which they were only able to field nine players.
The first half was one-way traffic with Melbourn unable to put together any threatening attacks. Hitchin notched up eight goals without reply despite some resolute defending from Ryan Lees and a couple of quality saves from Connor Patel in the Panthers goal.
To their credit Panthers came out in spirited fashion in the second half as Luke Eades, Sam Austin and Robbie Dingwell all linked up well to create some good openings.
Hitchin scored their ninth before Austin converted a penalty after he was tripped in the area.
You may also want to watch:
A few more chances went begging for Panthers but Hitchin continued to make the most of the extra two players by scoring three more late in the game. All nine players should be proud of themselves for not letting their heads drop.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 6 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 7 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 8 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 9 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 10 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters