Depleted Baldock come through
Hormead Hares U-11 3 Baldock Town Youth Templars 1 WITH injuries and holidays it was a depleted Baldock team that took the field against top of the table Hares. But for most of the first half it was Baldock who dominated the game. Matthew Judges saw his
Hormead Hares U-11 3
Baldock Town Youth Templars 1
WITH injuries and holidays it was a depleted Baldock team that took the field against top of the table Hares. But for most of the first half it was Baldock who dominated the game.
Matthew Judges saw his header hit the crossbar after getting onto the end of a cross from Daniel Nicholson, before Hares scored against the run of play from a defensive error.
Baldock continued to play good passing football. A Judges shot was saved after a good pass from Alex Close.
Hares started to put some attacks together just before half time, but Sam Kendle was on excellent form and made several tackles to keep Hares out.
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Vehicles, greenhouse and fence 'smashed' in Royston
- 3 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
- 4 Royston Bloomsday marks 100th anniversary of James Joyce's novel
- 5 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 6 Artists open up in record numbers for Cambridge Open Studios 2022
- 7 Stansted Airport and Cambridge trains disrupted after tree falls on tracks
- 8 Duke and Duchess of Cambridge view portrait of themselves at Fitzwilliam Museum
- 9 Property: How could the new laws for renters affect you?
- 10 Pictures of Duxford Summer Air Show 2022 at IWM Duxford
Hormead then tried a ball over the top but Baldock's player of the match Ryan Savage, who was having a great game in the centre of defence, rose to head it clear.
Baldock started the second half strongly, searching for the equaliser, and Nicholson saw his shot saved.
At the other end Alex Taylor had to make a good save as the game opened up.
With no substitutes, Baldock started to tire and Hares extended their lead after a scramble in the Baldock area. Nicholson pulled one back for Baldock after a great pass from Judges and Baldock then threw everyone forward for the last five minutes.
But it was Hares who finished the game off with a break away goal in the last minute and Baldock were left to rue their missed chances early on.