Depleted Baldock come through
Hormead Hares U-11 3 Baldock Town Youth Templars 1 WITH injuries and holidays it was a depleted Baldock team that took the field against top of the table Hares. But for most of the first half it was Baldock who dominated the game. Matthew Judges saw his
Hormead Hares U-11 3
Baldock Town Youth Templars 1
WITH injuries and holidays it was a depleted Baldock team that took the field against top of the table Hares. But for most of the first half it was Baldock who dominated the game.
Matthew Judges saw his header hit the crossbar after getting onto the end of a cross from Daniel Nicholson, before Hares scored against the run of play from a defensive error.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock continued to play good passing football. A Judges shot was saved after a good pass from Alex Close.
Hares started to put some attacks together just before half time, but Sam Kendle was on excellent form and made several tackles to keep Hares out.
- 1 A505 campaigner on safety improvement progress and wrong-way driver near-miss
- 2 Kite Festival cancelled after lockdown extension
- 3 Lidl targets new Hertfordshire store locations
- 4 What is happening in our area for Armed Forces Day?
- 5 Uber-style app could mean doorstep bus pick up
- 6 Nurses to meet with unvaccinated social care workers to address concerns
- 7 Man jailed after attacking victim with glass bottle in hotel room
- 8 Grandmother runs Royston in Blue 5k solo to raise money for charity
- 9 Ex-footballers set for charity match to raise money for hospital cardiology department
- 10 Young Crows net funding for club improvements
Hormead then tried a ball over the top but Baldock's player of the match Ryan Savage, who was having a great game in the centre of defence, rose to head it clear.
Baldock started the second half strongly, searching for the equaliser, and Nicholson saw his shot saved.
At the other end Alex Taylor had to make a good save as the game opened up.
With no substitutes, Baldock started to tire and Hares extended their lead after a scramble in the Baldock area. Nicholson pulled one back for Baldock after a great pass from Judges and Baldock then threw everyone forward for the last five minutes.
But it was Hares who finished the game off with a break away goal in the last minute and Baldock were left to rue their missed chances early on.