Depleted Baldock come through
Hormead Hares U-11 3 Baldock Town Youth Templars 1 WITH injuries and holidays it was a depleted Baldock team that took the field against top of the table Hares. But for most of the first half it was Baldock who dominated the game. Matthew Judges saw his
Hormead Hares U-11 3
Baldock Town Youth Templars 1
WITH injuries and holidays it was a depleted Baldock team that took the field against top of the table Hares. But for most of the first half it was Baldock who dominated the game.
Matthew Judges saw his header hit the crossbar after getting onto the end of a cross from Daniel Nicholson, before Hares scored against the run of play from a defensive error.
Baldock continued to play good passing football. A Judges shot was saved after a good pass from Alex Close.
Hares started to put some attacks together just before half time, but Sam Kendle was on excellent form and made several tackles to keep Hares out.
- 1 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 2 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 3 Tiffinity and Beyond: Boost for Melbourn business thanks to former BBC Dragon
- 4 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 5 Plan B measures to be scrapped across England
- 6 Meet the couple who won holidays by the sea for a year
- 7 Trial begins for killer accused of murdering wife
- 8 Women trapped in vehicle after A10 crash
- 9 He strangled Rikki, stripped him and left his body flat on his back, Old Bailey told
- 10 Gripping retelling of Blood Brothers coming to the ADC Theatre in Cambridge
Hormead then tried a ball over the top but Baldock's player of the match Ryan Savage, who was having a great game in the centre of defence, rose to head it clear.
Baldock started the second half strongly, searching for the equaliser, and Nicholson saw his shot saved.
At the other end Alex Taylor had to make a good save as the game opened up.
With no substitutes, Baldock started to tire and Hares extended their lead after a scramble in the Baldock area. Nicholson pulled one back for Baldock after a great pass from Judges and Baldock then threw everyone forward for the last five minutes.
But it was Hares who finished the game off with a break away goal in the last minute and Baldock were left to rue their missed chances early on.