Depleted Baldock come through
Hormead Hares U-11 3 Baldock Town Youth Templars 1 WITH injuries and holidays it was a depleted Baldock team that took the field against top of the table Hares. But for most of the first half it was Baldock who dominated the game. Matthew Judges saw his
Hormead Hares U-11 3
Baldock Town Youth Templars 1
WITH injuries and holidays it was a depleted Baldock team that took the field against top of the table Hares. But for most of the first half it was Baldock who dominated the game.
Matthew Judges saw his header hit the crossbar after getting onto the end of a cross from Daniel Nicholson, before Hares scored against the run of play from a defensive error.
You may also want to watch:
Baldock continued to play good passing football. A Judges shot was saved after a good pass from Alex Close.
Hares started to put some attacks together just before half time, but Sam Kendle was on excellent form and made several tackles to keep Hares out.
- 1 'Panic-buying is crippling us' - petrol station owner urges motorists to think before they refuel
- 2 Appeal to trace driver after cyclist sustains serious injuries in crash
- 3 17 of the prettiest streets in North Herts
- 4 North Herts and Beds villages hit by power cut
- 5 Flexi parking ticket rolled out for hybrid commuters
- 6 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 7 Villagers launch bid to raise £200,000 for 14th-century church paintings
- 8 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 9 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 10 Help on offer for residents as Universal Credit cut looms
Hormead then tried a ball over the top but Baldock's player of the match Ryan Savage, who was having a great game in the centre of defence, rose to head it clear.
Baldock started the second half strongly, searching for the equaliser, and Nicholson saw his shot saved.
At the other end Alex Taylor had to make a good save as the game opened up.
With no substitutes, Baldock started to tire and Hares extended their lead after a scramble in the Baldock area. Nicholson pulled one back for Baldock after a great pass from Judges and Baldock then threw everyone forward for the last five minutes.
But it was Hares who finished the game off with a break away goal in the last minute and Baldock were left to rue their missed chances early on.