Defensive lapses prove to be costly
Baldock Town Knights U-13 3 Buntingford Cougars Whites 2 COUGARS were left to rue lapses in concentration which were to be their undoing. Knights started the brighter with the wind behind them they took an early lead from a well taken corner. How
Baldock Town Knights U-13 3 Buntingford Cougars Whites 2
COUGARS were left to rue lapses in concentration which were to be their undoing.
Knights started the brighter with the wind behind them they took an early lead from a well taken corner.
However against the run of play Joe Pemberton equalised before half- time. The second half saw Knights add to their lead and Cougars again pulled one back.
As Cougars pressed for the winner Knights hit on the break and from a resulting throw in cougars allowed them to cut through and take the points.
Buntingford Cougars Blues U-13 4 Fairland's Youth Whites 5
- 1 Herts sex offender assaulted victim while she slept
- 2 Bassingbourn Village College students win Pitch for the Prize competition
- 3 7 of the most beautiful churches in Hertfordshire
- 4 Royston Town Council declares climate emergency
- 5 Tractors take to the streets to raise money for hospital
- 6 Royston judoka Reid relishing Commonwealth Games chance
- 7 Teen attacked couple with glasses at Royston pub
- 8 'Hooded thieves' stole three vehicles
- 9 A505 long delays between Royston and M11 motorway at Duxford
- 10 Former company boss fined after illegal waste dumped at quarry
BUNTINGFORD were extremely unlucky not to come away from with at least a point from this enthralling game.
After conceding an early goal they were soon level when Sam Muncey finished off a fine move.
However the visitors pushed forward and Cougars conceded two sloppy goals before the break.
The Blues dominated after the restart. Sam Muncey scored a second and George Duffin fired home an unstoppable shot to net the equaliser.
The visiting keeper pulled off some outstanding saves to deny Cougars the lead. Eventually the pressure told and Lloyd Bowman latched on to a corner to give the Cougars the lead.
Fairland's rallied and were soon level and snatched the points with just minutes remaining.
Buntingford Cougars U-15 3 Hitchin 0
TWO Jack Clark-Ward goals helped Cougars to a deserved victory on Sunday.
Clark-Ward opened the scoring with a great strike in the first half followed by a second goal by Jack Peacock.
Clark-Ward was again on target after the break to wrap things up.