Defensive lapses prove to be costly
Baldock Town Knights U-13 3 Buntingford Cougars Whites 2 COUGARS were left to rue lapses in concentration which were to be their undoing. Knights started the brighter with the wind behind them they took an early lead from a well taken corner. How
Baldock Town Knights U-13 3 Buntingford Cougars Whites 2
COUGARS were left to rue lapses in concentration which were to be their undoing.
Knights started the brighter with the wind behind them they took an early lead from a well taken corner.
However against the run of play Joe Pemberton equalised before half- time. The second half saw Knights add to their lead and Cougars again pulled one back.
You may also want to watch:
As Cougars pressed for the winner Knights hit on the break and from a resulting throw in cougars allowed them to cut through and take the points.
Buntingford Cougars Blues U-13 4 Fairland's Youth Whites 5
- 1 Heath threatened with 'eyesore' borehole kiosks
- 2 CCTV appeal after vehicles interfered with in Royston
- 3 What's next for Thakeham development after Local Plan sites revealed?
- 4 King James Academy to continue as school sport hub for north east Hertfordshire
- 5 Royston man to stand trial for permitting production of cannabis
- 6 Busy week for Royston firefighting crews as they keep people safe
- 7 University of Hertfordshire paedophile caught with more than 500 child abuse images
- 8 Street singers lift people's spirits with town centre flash mob
- 9 Girl power and horse power prove a winning combination for Meldreth racing driver Lizzy
- 10 Riverdance's 25th anniversary show lifts the roof off Cambridge Corn Exchange
BUNTINGFORD were extremely unlucky not to come away from with at least a point from this enthralling game.
After conceding an early goal they were soon level when Sam Muncey finished off a fine move.
However the visitors pushed forward and Cougars conceded two sloppy goals before the break.
The Blues dominated after the restart. Sam Muncey scored a second and George Duffin fired home an unstoppable shot to net the equaliser.
The visiting keeper pulled off some outstanding saves to deny Cougars the lead. Eventually the pressure told and Lloyd Bowman latched on to a corner to give the Cougars the lead.
Fairland's rallied and were soon level and snatched the points with just minutes remaining.
Buntingford Cougars U-15 3 Hitchin 0
TWO Jack Clark-Ward goals helped Cougars to a deserved victory on Sunday.
Clark-Ward opened the scoring with a great strike in the first half followed by a second goal by Jack Peacock.
Clark-Ward was again on target after the break to wrap things up.