Defensive change proves vital
Corvus Cornix looked set for a heavy defeat on Friday night until a change in the defensive formation sealed up the leaking holes. Corvus started off well offensively but the 2-1-2 zone defence allowed Manila United long distance scoring chances which the
Corvus Cornix looked set for a heavy defeat on Friday night until a change in the defensive formation sealed up the leaking holes.
Corvus started off well offensively but the 2-1-2 zone defence allowed Manila United long distance scoring chances which they eagerly took.
Scott Ingrey changed the defence to a 3-2 zone and straight away the game turned around.
With more players on the perimeter of the key baskets dried up for Manila.
You may also want to watch:
Coming from behind Scott Ingrey and Charlie Graves made good plays down the stretch getting baskets and assists and Scott Williamson used some great post moves to get through a very crowded key.
Adam Dziura also hit from the perimeter and drove in for lay-ups.
- 1 Camera to be installed in village to address long-standing speeding woes
- 2 Co-operation 'vital' in A505 Royston to Granta Park scheme
- 3 Lack of public transport blamed for collapse of £10.5m training centre
- 4 Safety concerns continue in final days of travel hub consultation
- 5 Village school's annual fayre is a big hit
- 6 Margaret House residential home celebrates 50th anniversary milestone
- 7 Exploring the medieval graffiti of North Herts' historic churches
- 8 Historic Mayflower train makes its way through Royston and Meldreth
- 9 Mum of four sought by police over child neglect claims
- 10 Get set for Strawberries & Creem Festival in the Cambridgeshire countryside
Corvus gradually worked their way to take the lead in the dying minutes
Training sessions are run at the Royston Leisure centre on Thursday nights, all ages and skill levels are very welcome.
For more information please contact Di Charles on (01223) 207213 or firstname.lastname@example.org