Defensive change proves vital
Corvus Cornix looked set for a heavy defeat on Friday night until a change in the defensive formation sealed up the leaking holes. Corvus started off well offensively but the 2-1-2 zone defence allowed Manila United long distance scoring chances which the
Corvus Cornix looked set for a heavy defeat on Friday night until a change in the defensive formation sealed up the leaking holes.
Corvus started off well offensively but the 2-1-2 zone defence allowed Manila United long distance scoring chances which they eagerly took.
Scott Ingrey changed the defence to a 3-2 zone and straight away the game turned around.
With more players on the perimeter of the key baskets dried up for Manila.
Coming from behind Scott Ingrey and Charlie Graves made good plays down the stretch getting baskets and assists and Scott Williamson used some great post moves to get through a very crowded key.
Adam Dziura also hit from the perimeter and drove in for lay-ups.
- 1 Stewart 'wasn't distressed and calmly answered questions' at scene of wife's death, paramedic tells court
- 2 Teenage moped rider seriously injured in crash
- 3 Ian Stewart's sons say 'devastated father was in tears at wife's death'
- 4 Revealed: Hertfordshire's most desirable villages
- 5 Hero dog sniffs out cash for charity with golf ball mission
- 6 Sir Tom Jones to play Heritage Live concert at Audley End House & Gardens in Saffron Walden
- 7 Murder trial told Ian Stewart was 'so cross' after sister-in-law called coroner
- 8 Ian Stewart murder trial: Killer 'restricted wife's breathing and fabricated epilepsy death'
- 9 Meet team behind new Royston Town Party
- 10 Council leader pledges 'we'll hold This Land to account'
Corvus gradually worked their way to take the lead in the dying minutes
Training sessions are run at the Royston Leisure centre on Thursday nights, all ages and skill levels are very welcome.
For more information please contact Di Charles on (01223) 207213 or email@example.com