THE former Whaddon and District League chairman Fred Smith and his wife Bett have had a trophy named in their honour. To celebrate their dedication to the game, the popular couple were surprised with the tribute and were also given the accolade of presen
THE former Whaddon and District League chairman Fred Smith and his wife Bett have had a trophy named in their honour.
To celebrate their dedication to the game, the popular couple were surprised with the tribute and were also given the accolade of presenting the winners of the league's competitions with their awards.
They presented the Fred & Bett mixed pairs title to Gary Dickerson and Lou Littlechild, above, who had won the competition for the first time.
Chairman Dave Abrey said: "It was a fitting way to celebrate all they have done for the league and darts. It was a great night."
You may also want to watch:
The Crow-sponsored Whaddon and District Darts League finals were held at the British Legion in Mill Road Royston.
Results: Div 1: Winner: Boars Head B; runner-up: Royston BL. Div 2: British Queen; Chequers Royston. High shot out: J Hornblower 138. Landladies: V Thake (North Star); M Duckett (Royston BL). Landlords: J Beach (Chequers Royston); D Thake (North Star). Captains: G Newell (Edward); M Ross (Royston BL). Brian Huddy MC: Boars Head B; Chequers Royston. Fours: Chequers Royston; Royston BL. Bob Davies Threes: Boars Head A; Chequers Royston. Mixed Pairs: G Dickerson, L Littlechild; M Hawkins, A Willis. Pairs: D Fallon, A Waller; D Abrey, T Bentley. Ladies' Singles: L Neaves (Eternit); L Littlechild (North Star); Men's Singles: T Cooper (Boars Head); T Peacock (British Queen).
- 1 Magic show set to go Wrong on stage at Cambridge Arts Theatre
- 2 Royston chairman: RNLI volunteers never question or criticise - they save lives
- 3 Bassingbourn Barracks: New chapter for Army’s flagship operational training centre
- 4 New president takes over at Rotary Club
- 5 Community rallies together to clean up church after 'mindless' vandalism
- 6 Church foodbank receives donation to help families in need
- 7 Community comes together for Together We Stand Against Racism event
- 8 New care home for Royston unanimously approved
- 9 Train services resume after earlier disruption at Royston
- 10 Reed break run of defeats with hard-fought draw at Harpenden